Writing Prompt You need to explain to your friend why making a rocket powered hammer would not be a good idea.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
A rocket powered hammer is an intrinsically inefficient design due to a lack of a suitable acceleration and deceleration mechanism. Or in short, your hammer sucks big time at its most basic function, hammering.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
A rocket powered hammer is not a good idea if you're conservative with your tools, but otherwise, this new rocket powered hammer is the thing for you!

With the rocket attached to one end of the hammer, the tool boasts excellent acceleration and will deliver quite the wallop to that troublesome nail, or even an annoying friend's skull!

Be careful, however, as the rocket may make the hammer rather unwieldy. Comes with optional stabilizer fins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

@Assurbanipal_II What are you talking about? A rocket powered hammer offers the best acceleration and deceleration. It's great at accelerating because of the literal rocket boosters, and its deceleration is great because you're smacking something. You don't need to build a deceleration mechanism because hitting a sufficiently hard surface stops the hammer cold. It's an excellent hammer.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Intelligent design.
"You have nothing to stabilize yourself and it would be too powerful so you can't control it. Would just hit your thumbs and then you won't be able to pick shit up. You couldn't even hold your cock properly. How are you gonna fap if you can't even hold your cock right? "

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
"Don't you get it!? This is the pinnacle of all hammers! The ultimate power no human could manage to tame before!"

"We still can't tame it. I bet when you power it up, it'll just cause more damage to yourself than any do anything to help."

"Nonsense! More speed means more power! More power means the skulls cave more easily! Skulls caving more easily means that everything is easier! Therefore, it will be a more helpful hammer!"

"That's some pretty flawed reasoning--"

"Now, watch as I make history!"

VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR--

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! I CAN FEEL THE POWER! BOW BEFORE ME, FOOLISH MORTALS!"

"Oh dear god."

"YES, PUNY HUMAN! WITH THIS HAMMER, I HAVE NOW STEPPED INTO THE REALM OF GODHOOD! NOW, BEHOLD MY GREAT HAMMER STRIKE!"

"No, don't--"

BOOM!

"..."

"..."

"Well, shit."

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Cost, consumption and Calling 911 incase the hammer explodes or your arm breaks off.

Cost- the design would take a lot of trial and error(mostly due to stablizing how to weild a weapon of pure strength.) And most importantly, how the expences of building the device.

Consumption- Unless your a prince of an oil baron, it would eat fuel as fast as the opening of a store on a black friday. There are many fuel efficient ways but if you want to deliver the strongest blow, that sht would need fuel that NASA use.

911- need i say more? Even if i'm not some scientist, i know that hitting something generates a certain force that may cause a spark which would burn the metal inside and explode. Plus, have you ever wondered why no one would make that sht until now even with all the resources? Would you even have the time to call for help if your arms flew off with the hammer?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
why a hammer when you can attach it to a chainsaw