Writing Prompt You saw someone who ran away after owning you money!?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
...I would contact the court and ask when is our case again... Or if there is still no case then I would call the police that I know where he is, and they can catch him now.
b-bro, it's a hundred bucks, it ain't child custody

hory-portier

b-bro, it's a hundred bucks, it ain't child custody
I won't tolerate thieves that stole from me but if it's a small sum then I just don't want to ever see them again. If I see them then I will turn away and leave that place so they won't pollute my scenery with their dirty presence as there is clearly no way for me to get the money back and doing anything else would additionally rob me not just from my money but also time and nerves. They are not worth it.

Yiphen

Chaotic Lil' Demon
Well, if they're drunk then it would be pretty easy to convince them that they owe me money, and proceed to take their wallet or something.

Kyrian_Clawraithe

I don't give ANY money to others without making them sign a legally binding contract with interest rates, so I'd remind them that the sooner they pay me back the less they have to pay. And then proceed to contact the relevant people to start applying pressure on them.

I'm a nice guy and I'm willing to help people but only if they understand that just because I am helping them doesn't mean I will be dragged down by them.

Horrorific

I don't give ANY money to others without making them sign a legally binding contract with interest rates, so I'd remind them that the sooner they pay me back the less they have to pay. And then proceed to contact the relevant people to start applying pressure on them.
Sounds like loan shark trying to nice guy

Kyrian_Clawraithe

Sounds like loan shark trying to nice guy
I can see where you get that. I don't trust people easily so, while I try to help anybody who I've come to see as somewhat trustworthy, I do make sure that they are reminded of what they owe me. Even if I decide that I should add an interest rate to remind them, either because I don't trust them enough or the amount that they are asking for would be enough to actually impact my life, then I make sure it's just high enough that they actually take their debt seriously.
And by contact the relevant people, I mean negotiating with the people that they listen to so that they remind them.

blazjindanblue

That's a cuck move bro. If a friend won't make an effort to pay you back or at least explain why he can't, that ain't a friend. That's The Lich from Adventure Time.
hmm well it's called gifting and being a friend, borrowing them money isn't really what should go on between friends as it ruins friendships, also dunno how this relates to woman but you should either give money as a gift to help them go through tough times and hey it might be helpful in the future, while keeping friendship or just tell them to borrow money from somewhere else cuz if you expect to get that money back and then being salty, well… borrowing sucks and returning money sucks for both parties
The goal of being a friend, sometimes giving without expecting something in return

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
borrowing their money: money coming from others
lending them money: money going to others

I see this in bad translations.
I see this in some moderately okay translations.
I see this from those who disdain machine translations.

Oh, and leeches aren't friends. They're vampiric snails without shells. Sugarcoating will turn them into not-so-edible snacks.

Why is there a very noticable decline not just in grammar but in the usage of words for the past two decades?

In a qwerty keyboard, E is in the upper left area while N is in the lower right.

This topic is in the Writing Prompts section, but we have been treating it like General Chat.

Canaan

Nada nada nada if it I will take my armor, sword in my room and i will ask my uncle to take jacki (horse) out for ride and goes toward bar.

JayDirex

BRUH! I have long had a whole idea for a story like that! A female gunslinger goes on a rampage against a whole organized crime syndicate (a-la- John Wick) over a CHUMP CHANGE amount of money (like 35K, which is NO MONEY in the grande scheme things).

And she beats people up left and right looking for this dude that owes this money, uncovers a conspiracy, ALL OF THAT... Why does she do it?
The principle of the matter. She did the job, wants her money- and she will CRACK SKULLS until she gets it :LOL:

Goswick

Drunken Australian
I'd just have a few drinks with the person and leave them with the tab at the end of the evening, calling it even. Tried and tested strat, works every time.

Goswick

Drunken Australian
BRUH! I have long had a whole idea for a story like that! A female gunslinger goes on a rampage against a whole organized crime syndicate (a-la- John Wick) over a CHUMP CHANGE amount of money (like 35K, which is NO MONEY in the grande scheme things).

And she beats people up left and right looking for this dude that owes this money, uncovers a conspiracy, ALL OF THAT... Why does she do it?
The principle of the matter. She did the job, wants her money- and she will CRACK SKULLS until she gets it :LOL:

Geez, she should take a leaf from my book and just drink it out lol.

But nah, in all seriousness, that idea sounds pretty sweet. Good luck with it!