Your favorite god and/or legends hero?

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator
Fictional or not, I don't really care. It can be a lesser god or a demi-god as well. And any hero is fine as well, so long as you don't bring in MHA.

BTW, my favorite God is Fukurokuju from the Shichifukujin.
1668458957688.png

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Sir Gwaine or Sir Kayne from Arthurian legend. One was an honorable dumbass and the other was a werewolf and one point was said to have anime blasted a town out of existence. I wish I was joking. Arthurian legend is batshit crazy.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Fictional or not, I don't really care. It can be a lesser god or a demi-god as well. And any hero is fine as well, so long as you don't bring in MHA.

BTW, my favorite God is Fukurokuju from the Shichifukujin.
View attachment 16091
Sun Wukong comes to mind. The title of Great Sage Equaling Heaven is just too fucking clean.

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator
Sun Wukong comes to mind. The title of Great Sage Equaling Heaven is just too fucking clean
Can't deny it sounds cool
Probably Heracles.
I like Theseus better, but superhuman strenght sure does sound convenient
Sir Gwaine or Sir Kayne from Arthurian legend. One was an honorable dumbass and the other was a werewolf and one point was said to have anime blasted a town out of existence. I wish I was joking. Arthurian legend is batshit crazy.
Who doesn't like mountain-flattening heroes huh

Zakuro

Crushed Pomegranate
Hou Yi. Dude shot down 9 of 10 suns that is a deadly lazer of doom.

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
Gilgamesh, just an overall good guy. A good leader and a hero, also I sort of have demigods/non-god creatures rebelling against gods fetish, and his epic fits quite well to that.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
<-----this guy. I'm Not Obsessed. We Are Involved.

in modern fiction: Offler the crocodile god, of the Discworld. Or perhaps Annoia, goddess of Things That Get Stuck in Drawers.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Hmm, a good question. I'd say the immortal monkey Sun Wukong from Chinese mythology. The monkey has gotten immortality like five times over in his lifetime.

Paul_Tromba

Who doesn't like mountain-flattening heroes huh
Also, Sir Galahad is a a virginity powered hulk
Sir Bedivere was a sorcerer who was almost burned at the stake
Sir Kay could become a giant, hold his breath for 9 days, and radiate magical heat from his hands
Sir Balin also once blew up a whole kingdom, used the spear of Longinus, and fought against an invisible evil knight.
Arthurian legend is like a shonen slice of life anime involving the shittiest part of the middle ages from the perspective of Renaissance writers and Christian monks. Also, all the French writers of Arthurian legend contained NTR because apparently they were degenerates and thought it was cool.

Echimera

Good question.
My headcanon of Artemis playing throughout the forest with her sapphic polycule is life goals.
Amaterasu sealing herself in a cave and only coming out because of the striptease of another goddes is also quite relateable.

But I'm not sure if either qualifies as favourite.

MrPopocap

Poseidon! I like him so much that I'm even writing a story about him.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Also, Sir Galahad is a a virginity powered hulk
Sir Bedivere was a sorcerer who was almost burned at the stake
Sir Kay could become a giant, hold his breath for 9 days, and radiate magical heat from his hands
Sir Balin also once blew up a whole kingdom, used the spear of Longinus, and fought against an invisible evil knight.
Arthurian legend is like a shonen slice of life anime involving the shittiest part of the middle ages from the perspective of Renaissance writers and Christian monks. Also, all the French writers of Arthurian legend contained NTR because apparently they were degenerates and thought it was cool.
... Why does that sound like Saint Seiya shit and why is there no popular direct adaptation to anime/ manga/ TV show of the batshit Super Saiyan-ese lore?
Ps. I feel that most mainstream fav has been covered (Sun Wukong, Heracles) and chances of odd ones like Kratos are probably not from the canon but from fanfics (the game, duh) .

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

... Why does that sound like Saint Seiya shit and why is there no popular direct adaptation to anime/ manga/ TV show of the batshit Super Saiyan-ese lore?
I really don't know. No one can really agree on any of the legends. A lot of Historians dislike the supernatural stuff despite it playing a huge role in the stories so it gets glossed over heavily. For example, Merlin is the son of Satan but was dipped in some holy water so that's why he has magic and shit despite being good. Lancelot simped for Arthur's wife a lot so you got an NTR subplot. There's also this knight with with vitiligo who took over the entirety of England except for what Arthur had so he challenged Arthur to a dual for it. Though the guy sees Lancelot and concedes the dual in exchange for being introduced to Lancelot so it's argued that he's gay. Also, turns out that this knight was Arthur's half brother because his father's whore. Morgana, Arthur's sister, is of Fae descent. I blame this on their whore of a father but either way, she has magic and depending on the story, wants to fuck Arthur or wants to kill Arthur. Gwaine is also there but his only notable act is being given an out by a green dude. Crossdressing is common in Arthurian legend and so is Arthur's slow descent into madness as he becomes more and more done with everyone's shit. No matter what though, Mordred is a whiney bitch.

Vnator

I'm a particular fan of Sir Gwaine Commando from the Dresden Files.
Which one? Or do you mean the character from the game?