Your favorite god and/or legends hero?

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator
Siddhartha Gautama
Yes, of course, who doesn't love chubby pacifist who doesn't even proclaims to be a God?
No, really. Buddha has one hell of a story. Just being able to forgive and love everyone is waay to much for me.
I'd rather just stay around and munch cookies all day...

StrongArm

I like all the greek gods, but Zeus especially.

I like the greek gods because they are the best representation of people who have too much power.

The greek gods are nasty. They are greedy. They are vain. They are vengeful. They step on the weak & celebrate those that entertain them. They cause wars for fun. They will steal women ( & men they were greek afterall ;) .). They rape. They murder. They transform people into random creatures just because they can.

They are history's ultimate villains.

before super-heroes we had gods.

both are perfect examples of what normal people with too much power and absolutely no consequences look like.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I like all the greek gods, but Zeus especially.

I like the greek gods because they are the best representation of people who have too much power.

The greek gods are nasty. They are greedy. They are vain. They are vengeful. They step on the weak & celebrate those that entertain them. They cause wars for fun. They will steal women ( & men they were greek afterall ;) .). They rape. They murder. They transform people into random creatures just because they can.

They are history's ultimate villains.

before super-heroes we had gods.

both are perfect examples of what normal people with too much power and absolutely no consequences look like.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"
Zeus was just ancient Greek Homelander and the entire pantheon is "the boys".

Tempokai

Overworked One
My favorite hero is the Painkiller from Judas Priest's Painkiller, the song.

And for a god, too many choices. I'll chose the greatest, the God himself.

StrongArm

Zeus was just ancient Greek Homelander and the entire pantheon is "the boys".
homelander zeus is accurate, but all the other greek gods are assholes too. Aphrodite & hera kill out of jealousy and vanity. Aphrodite causes wars for her amusement. poseiden fuck ships up when he is throwing a tantrum. most of the male gods are pretty rapey, but to be fair the bronze age had a lot of raping and pillaging going on in those days. i cant think of anything bad about hermes, he seems alright, hephaestus too. charon is a bit of a greedy bastard-what the hell does he need money for anyway???

Forestbear

Definitely Hou yi! Shooting down giant sun crows is top tier badass to me.

Jovilynx

I love Ognyena Maria, she is believed to be the sister and assistant to Perun. A rebellious fire goddess to boot.

Other than her, well, Joan of Arc is always worth mentioning, because I consider her a hero in her own way, even if she was a real person and not a myth.
But if I had to choose a mythical hero, it would be Cuhullin, the spear-wielder.

Jemini

Gilgamesh, just an overall good guy. A good leader and a hero, also I sort of have demigods/non-god creatures rebelling against gods fetish, and his epic fits quite well to that.

Excuse me while I go find a towel in order to wipe off some of the sarcasm that is just dripping from this comment.

Saver

Shiva

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 13

pelpelen

Oghuz Khan...
This absolute monster was born with arm and chest hair. Drank his mothers milk once, didn't like it and proceeded to eat raw meat and drink booze. Could talk right out of the woumb. He was described to have a complexion as blue as the skies and eyes red with burning fire.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
homelander zeus is accurate, but all the other greek gods are assholes too. Aphrodite & hera kill out of jealousy and vanity. Aphrodite causes wars for her amusement. poseiden fuck ships up when he is throwing a tantrum. most of the male gods are pretty rapey, but to be fair the bronze age had a lot of raping and pillaging going on in those days. i cant think of anything bad about hermes, he seems alright, hephaestus too. charon is a bit of a greedy bastard-what the hell does he need money for anyway???
That's why I compared them to the boys. Hostile, easily angered, too much power, submitting to an OP criminal guised as a hero.
Blessed be the true Lord.

Kayne =/= Kanye
That said, it would be hilarious if this was a mixup and Kanye started rapping to the Saxon's instead of turning into a werewolf and ripping them to shreds.

Thekherham

Hercules, hero of song and story.
Hercules, winner of ancient glory.
Fighting for the right,
Fighting with his might,
With the strength of ten, ordinary men.

Hercules, people are safe when near him.
Hercules, only the evil fear him.
Softness in his eyes,
Iron in his thighs,
Virtue in his heart,
Fire in every part,
Of the Mighty Hercules.
Victory is here,
Raise a mighty cheer,
At the side of Hercules!

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/themightyherculeslyrics.html

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator
Hercules, hero of song and story.
Hercules, winner of ancient glory.
Fighting for the right,
Fighting with his might,
With the strength of ten, ordinary men.

Hercules, people are safe when near him.
Hercules, only the evil fear him.
Softness in his eyes,
Iron in his thighs,
Virtue in his heart,
Fire in every part,
Of the Mighty Hercules.
Victory is here,
Raise a mighty cheer,
At the side of Hercules!

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/themightyherculeslyrics.html
Eh, Hercules wasn't nearly as good as everybody depicts him. He was more punk-ish than anything, in fact. You have to read Hercules and Me to understand what I'm talking about tho