Your Favorite Non-Fiction?

We're all here since we like Fiction, but I'm wondering if people in here also read Non Fiction as well.

If so, what are your favorite ones? If you want, you can also add why you like them.

Last edited:

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
We're all here since we like Fiction, but I'm wondering if people in here also read Non Fiction as well.

If so, what are your favorite books? If you want, you can also add why you like them.
Just read one nonfiction book by choice and that would be Born a Crime by Trevor Noah. Nonfiction tends to make me sleep so I usually avoid it at all costs.

Kotohood

Noob Author
Most of the non fiction books I read is those blogging websites and games/movie reviews.

Do those count?

Oh right, recipe books and those For dummies book are also among my favs.

Most of the non fiction books I read is those blogging websites and games/movie reviews.

Do those count?

Oh right, recipe books and those For dummies book are also among my favs.

Ah my bad, I kinda meant Non-Fiction in general.

Edited the first post :D /

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I can't imagine how I could possibly like a non-fiction book... Maybe it's because of my time at university where I had to read those disgustingly poorly written academic texts by historians that somehow wrote worse garbage than I did in middle school, but I can't imagine coming to like non-fiction books.

If anything, I guess I could read a recipe book without puking.

KellInkston

I'm very, very partial to Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz. It fell out of favor around the mid 70's but was an enormous event in the "self-help" book industry. For several years it was the book to read on self improvement, and I can see why. I've read a lot of books on the same topic, and this one is by and far my favorite.

I'm on my third read-through now, and am still pulling out more excellent nuggets of applicable knowledge. Super recommended.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
81A0KuwrU4L.jpg

Common mistakes that writers make, as illustrated by two editors. It's humorous and contains a ridiculous example for every point. Highlights include: getting sexy with Santa and seagulls for eyebrows.

Common mistakes that writers make, as illustrated by two editors. It's humorous and contains a ridiculous example for every point. Highlights include: getting sexy with Santa and seagulls for eyebrows.

lol I already imagine someone using the mistakes to ironically write stuff

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Homo Deus by Yuval Noah Harari is my guilty pleasure anytime I want some big brain entertainment. It's very honest, very truthful, very frank, and very sexy.

BradCarsten

I enjoyed the Killing fields. It's a true story of a Doctor surviving in Cambodia after the Khmer Rouge came into power and killed anyone with an education, and put the rest of the people out into the fields to work. The book was brutal but very interesting.

Masters of doom was great for those who enjoyed the old ID games (Wolfenstein, doom etc) and want to know how it all got started.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
I'm quite not a fan of non-fiction. But I managed to read a few that had a big impact on me. I forgot the title ( maybe it was Ground Zero or what) but it was a novel about the recounts of various survivors during the 9/11 attack in early 2000, especially the recounts of the people within the towers. It was also the first non-fiction that I read that really hand a big impact on me.:blob_salute:

Then after that, I encounter non-fictions... :blob_hmm:

The end.