Your Hope

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
I'm not looking down at your dreams (lol)

*giggles*
No first of all what the hell are your hopes! How can you laugh st mine without telling yours!

Bajitonz

Read the about m and you may understand me more :)
Both morally correct, but also wrong in a practical sense. Both are idealistic, and unfeasible due to said greed and corruption. You also have to take into account the amount of pollution and waste the extra population would generate. We're already pushing the planets ability to clean the carbon dioxide from the air, it doesnt help we keep cutting down the forests reducing that ability further. How would you deal with the waste generated and a myriad of other issues the higher population would bring. *shrug*
So while reworking the power structure that controls the different part of our world is at best a pipedream, it would be easier and faster to start moving a large number of people into places that are more self contained and dont effect the plant much.
I agree. Greed has to stop and we have to find a way to conserve our resources. If we colonize space and the oceans will we do better or just repeat the same?

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
You guys are thinking on a macro scale and I think a lot gets lost in translation. Think of simple acts of kindness and environmental impact, then spread the word. It's more like a rebellion from within than a grand plan that needs to be executed. >.> These are things that we can do or ourselves and those around us. Once you think on macro levels, it's easy to get lost in the whatifs without concrete data to pull from. It's also discouraging because you don't have the concrete, scientific data to make intelligence decisions.

Bajitonz

You guys are thinking on a macro scale and I think a lot gets lost in translation. Think of simple acts of kindness and environmental impact, then spread the word. It's more like a rebellion from within than a grand plan that needs to be executed. >.> These are things that we can do or ourselves and those around us. Once you think on macro levels, it's easy to get lost in the whatifs without concrete data to pull from. It's also discouraging because you don't have the concrete, scientific data to make intelligence decisions.
But do you mean we SHOULD think on the macro side?

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
But do you mean we SHOULD think on the macro side?

As inhabitants of this planet we should, but I don't have the brain power to think of solutions alone. I can only hope to influence those around me and start a chain reaction for others to continue. Maybe when enough of us think the same way solutions on a macro level can happen. I dunno.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
I actually disagree with this :)

The world is capable of holding and feeding many more people. It is the way we group together in cities and then has transport issues and greedy from companies that stop being able to feed everyone and more.
While that's true for some area, it's not true for all around the world. The world as it is, is already experiencing extreme deforestation and animals are losing their habitat. Just from numbers alone we are overpopulating Earth and if you want a sign for that, it would be Global Warming.

Bajitonz

While that's true for some area, it's not true for all around the world. The world as it is, is already experiencing extreme deforestation and animals are losing their habitat. Just from numbers alone we are overpopulating Earth and if you want a sign for that, it would be Global Warming.
P38 under ice found

Not going to get into a debate on global warming vs cyclic climate. But how is a plane from 2nd ww under so much ice if the ice is melting at the rates claimed?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
P38 under ice found

Not going to get into a debate on global warming vs cyclic climate. But how is a plane from 2nd ww under so much ice if the ice is melting at the rates claimed?
Ice is always melting but before it also froze at an equal rate so that water level doesn't rise to a significant amount. The fact that the 2nd ww plane is under so much ice meant that a lot of ice was melted and that allowed it to sink down before freezing into ice once again. The amount that's being melted is not ideal for us.

Back to your comment on the world has enough for everyone. Maybe if we cut down every single tree and destroy all animal habitat then yes there would be space for everyone. However, that doesn't work because we need a balance for nature and human beings.

Miserys_End

[Lv1 Pretend Person] Im the person I pretend to be
As inhabitants of this planet we should, but I don't have the brain power to think of solutions alone. I can only hope to influence those around me and start a chain reaction for others to continue. Maybe when enough of us think the same way solutions on a macro level can happen. I dunno.
Sadly I've always been a realist. Things wont change because the people in power dont want them to. Those in power make sure like minded individuals stay in power. So the only real ways to force that change is through militant means. As I doubt anyone here wants to be branded a terrorist in our day and age, that's not the answer either. So that leaves us bunches of bad solutions that do little better then lead us in circles. Sticking my head out will just lead to it being smacked back down like a game of whack a mole. So why suffer more then a alread am?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Sadly I've always been a realist. Things wont change because the people in power dont want them to. Those in power make sure like minded individuals stay in power. So the only real ways to force that change is through militant means. As I doubt anyone here wants to be branded a terrorist in our day and age, that's not the answer either. So that leaves us bunches of bad solutions that do little better then lead us in circles. Sticking my head out will just lead to it being smacked back down like a game of whack a mole. So why suffer more then a alread am?
Just replace everyone with solar powered robots.

Bajitonz

Ice is always melting but before it also froze at an equal rate so that water level doesn't rise to a significant amount. The fact that the 2nd ww plane is under so much ice meant that a lot of ice was melted and that allowed it to sink down before freezing into ice once again. The amount that's being melted is not ideal for us.

Back to your comment on the world has enough for everyone. Maybe if we cut down every single tree and destroy all animal habitat then yes there would be space for everyone. However, that doesn't work because we need a balance for nature and human beings.
Do a google view of places around the world. Do you realise how much empty livable land there is around? The major problem is we migrated to big cities and we waste massive amounts of RSS that could be better sourced or even not used at all. The country I live in is small and in places you can travel all day and not see a human being. Yet we have two main cities that hold 8/10th the population.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Do a google view of places around the world. Do you realise how much empty livable land there is around? The major problem is we migrated to big cities and we waste massive amounts of RSS that could be better sourced or even not used at all. The country I live in is small and in places you can travel all day and not see a human being. Yet we have two main cities that hold 8/10th the population.
I said that hold true for some places but not all. And even if people around the world start to leave the main city that would lead to a chain of deforestation for some area.

Bajitonz

Just replace everyone with solar powered robots.
You are now sir being ridiculous. The sign of someone who can't put a reasonable argument forth on their defense. Sad. But I do not waste time discussing with people like that.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
You are no sir being ridiculous. The sign of someone who can't put a reasonable argument forth on their defense. Sad. But I do not waste time discussing with people like that.
???
I wasn't even talking to you? I was just joking with someone else? I'm not going to spend the whole time talking to just you.

Miserys_End

[Lv1 Pretend Person] Im the person I pretend to be

.... so... now that we've (I've) throughly derailed this thread, I've come to the conclusion it's a bad idea. Armchair generals we may be, but it solves nothing, nor does it responded to the original point of the thread we are debating in.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member

.... so... now that we've (I've) throughly derailed this thread, I've come to the conclusion it's a bad idea. Armchair generals we may be, but it solves nothing, nor does it responded to the original point of the thread we are debating in.
Now tell me, do you want a miserable ending or a happy one? That is also a hope.

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O

I'm not into military action, that is how everything is always done...by force, humanity needs a paradigm change. That's why I believe in education and well small changes around me, inspiring others by my own actions. It works. I've seen how small acts of kindness and thoughtfulness make change with my own eyes. The desire to live a better life starts in each of us. I don't mean this in an airy fairy way....it takes conscientious thinking and actions. Also, getting involved in your community, school, and local government makes differences too.

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
I'm not into military action, that is how everything is always done...by force, humanity needs a paradigm change. That's why I believe in education and well small changes around me, inspiring others by my own actions. It works. I've seen how small acts of kindness and thoughtfulness make change with my own eyes. The desire to live a better life starts in each of us. I don't mean this in an airy fairy way....it takes conscientious thinking and actions. Also, getting involved in your community, school, and local government makes differences too.

But if I have to kick ass, then I can do that too. *LOLS* I'm not a simple daisy either. O.O