Your Most Waited Upcoming Anime?

SailusGebel

Twitter will cancel that one before the first episode was even animated...

LostLibrarian

Beside the usual suspects... the Arknights anime.
I love the game and character( design)s, but I can't see this end up as anything but a trainwreck.
Some kind of morbid curiosity. Same for KanColle S2.

LordJoyde

There is basically nothing that can possibly top the arrival of The Eminence In Shadow for this next season. At least, for me there simply can't be a better show, unless the studio royally fucks the anime, which is sadly a plausible outcome.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Beside the usual suspects... the Arknights anime.
I love the game and character( design)s, but I can't see this end up as anything but a trainwreck.
Some kind of morbid curiosity. Same for KanColle S2.
i actually have good hopes for it as Yostar's in-house studio is doing it and they've been honing their craft doing all the epic, high quality event MVs for both Azur Lane and Arknights. They'll likely also being doing any eventual Azur Lane S2.

Kancolle? quality wise, i'd be surprised if they cocked it up as it's reportedly been in some sort of production since 2015. Plot wise? more alt-history where the japanese win most likely. They've kinda hogtied themselves into a certain path unless they take a radical step and take the plot in a completely new direction where the can use the growing stable of non-japanese ships.

LostLibrarian

i actually have good hopes for it as Yostar's in-house studio is doing it and they've been honing their craft doing all the epic, high quality event MVs for both Azur Lane and Arknights. They'll likely also being doing any eventual Azur Lane S2.
It's less production value and more story and series composition that I fear. The anime has potential - especially with the darker setting with actual deaths and the like - but I still fear that we get the usual "and here are cute girls animated just so you can love your waifu!" when it doesn't fit.
Granted, Azur Lane was a lot more "light-hearted" overall, but even there a lot of those decisions where... questionable. Great fanservice, but not a great anime. Nice entertainment, but not a nice story...

Kancolle? quality wise, i'd be surprised if they cocked it up as it's reportedly been in some sort of production since 2015. Plot wise? more alt-history where the japanese win most likely. They've kinda hogtied themselves into a certain path unless they take a radical step and take the plot in a completely new direction where the can use the growing stable of non-japanese ships.
It's not that long. The 2015 production was the movie... somewhere 2018 was the start, 2019 first PV, and a lot of pandemic in-between.
Though at least, they already have multiple episodes finished and we'll get the PV next week.
And yeah, plot-wise will be more of the same. But the first season also had those really weird moments ("Someone just died and now we eat curry") and the really badly paced second half with a non-sensical climax.
That said, S2 is an entirely new cast around Shigure, but will probably still be mostly japanese for the home-market...

Either way, I hope for both because I really like the franchises. But I will just enjoy what I get anyway...
And no hype is the best way to have fun with an anime... =)

EternalSunset0

DAL 4
Maou Gakuin 2
Shikimori
Shield Hero 2
Kaguya 3
Bleach Thousand Year Blood War

SerikoLee

Chaos Realm Creator/ Chaos God
I just want web novel authors to get an anime adaptation tho.
So far Overlord is what am looking for.

MyukiMruieast

Departure of Motivation led me to want water
The other world doesn't stand against instant death it is for me. Likewise, I hope Pumpkin night will have an anime adaption, its my cup of tea and is beautifully made.