Zombies Still Can Be Cool

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Zombies have always been an interest of mine, in all shapes, forms, and sizes. But unfortunately, after 'The Walking Dead' and its' million spin-offs seem to have beaten it to a pulp, and terrible movies such as 'Day of the Dead' and 'World War Z', one of the worst books to film adaptations since the first Percy Jackson movie.

It would be nice to see zombies explored in a different way that doesn't make people groan like the shambling hoards themselves when the people find a piss poor zombie story about the same repeated bullshit. I am not just taking movies either, zombie novels can be all the rage as well, zombies could be written with inspiration linked to voodoo. Or alchemy. Or even a rapture-style event where the dead pour back into the world of the living.

Zombies don't even have to be an allegory for anything (especially consumerism), because that horse has already been beaten to death (and unfortunately been brought back to life again and again), so all I am saying is that I would like to see more zombie stories with a little more creative inspiration and take some unique twists on the deadheads, and I am not talking about the pot-smoking kind.

What do you think about zombies and how do you think they can be creatively used?

Agentt

Thighs
I once had an idea for zombies who were undead because they could travel in time.

There are also explosive zombies.

And we can have stuff other than humans to be zombies

T.K._Paradox

I once had an idea for zombies who were undead because they could travel in time.

There are also explosive zombies.

And we can have stuff other than humans to be zombies
Sounds like you'd be a fan of Plants vs. Zombies my friend. Just don't buy EA's stupid loot boxes.

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
Zombies are nice.
I was never bombarded with zombie movies or books or whatever because I barely watch movies and during the hype, I didn't read anything with that topic.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
About a year or two ago I attempted to write one. It was called Z High and it was going to be a high school of zombies but the catch was the MC was a zombie with awareness but everybody else he just treated as if they were idiots(banging their heads against desks, kid with his head facing back in front of him, etc, he just thought that was normal). He didn’t even realize everyone including himself were zombies and that the fence surrounding the school was to keep the zombies inside, away from the normal populace around the high school. They were attempting to educate the brain dead zombies.

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
About a year or two ago I attempted to write one. It was called Z High and it was going to be a high school of zombies but the catch was the MC was a zombie with awareness but everybody else he just treated as if they were idiots. He didn’t even realize everyone was just zombies and that the fence surrounding the school was to keep the zombies inside, away from the normal populace around the high school. They were attempting to educate the brain dead zombies.
Sounds pretty cool.
Kinda reminds me of that one anime with a few schoolgirls living inside a school during a zombie apocalypse and one of the girls not being aware of the zombies because she was crazy or something idk

T.K._Paradox

About a year or two ago I attempted to write one. It was called Z High and it was going to be a high school of zombies but the catch was the MC was a zombie with awareness but everybody else he just treated as if they were idiots(banging their heads against desks, kid with his head facing back in front of him, etc, he just thought that was normal). He didn’t even realize everyone including himself were zombies and that the fence surrounding the school was to keep the zombies inside, away from the normal populace around the high school. They were attempting to educate the brain dead zombies.
Your story sounds cool, but I think it would be cool to see an inversion of this story of a human in a zombie school with the zombies not aware that the main protagonist is a human.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Your story sounds cool, but I think it would be cool to see an inversion of this story of a human in a zombie school with the zombies not aware that the main protagonist is a human.
He thinks he is a normal human though, it’s also not revealed that he’s actually a zombie either. The reader is completely oblivious to this fact. It was intended to be a comedy with gore and some horror I guess.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It's cute when the zombies learn new things when they eat brains.

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
I guess if they're the focus of the story, you do need a gimmick to keep people interested.

But... I guess I prefer the classic? Mine are literally just bodies possessed by dark emotions. They don't call out for brains or anything though. They can also be created and controlled by a necromancer, voodoo style.