Isekaied Returner (Returner Isekai? Not sure.)

What would you do to prepare before being isekaied again?

• Training

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Study

• Survival Supplies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Modern Weaponry

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Planning

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Companionship

• Generalist

• Other

• Total voters

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
You are isekaied into a typical LitRPG fantasy world. Through many trials and tribulations you approach the final battlefield, the cursed lands before the Demon King's Castle. In a great battle between the forces of the allied races led by the King of the country that summoned you, and the demon race's army led by the Great Demon General, you fall before setting foot in the Castle. Then, you awaken in your old home two years before you were summoned. Due to knowing of a God of Time in the fantasy world, you suspect that you will be summoned again at the same date, so you decide to prepare, how will you go about doing so? (Choose any two options)

Training: Hit the gym, track, maybe join a boxing club or karate dojo. Heck, work on a farm during the summer for both years if you think it'll help. Bonuses: Significant increase to physical stats at level one, moderate increase to physical stat growth on level up, and increased hand to hand combat skill.

Study: They say that Knowledge is Power, time to prove it. The primary Kingdom you were involved in had numerous socio-political issues, and you're certain that the history of Earth could help you lead your army better in the final battle, so study everything from economics to battle strategy/tactics(Anybody understand the difference? Far as I can tell strategy is the big picture and tactics is the finer details.) to plumbing if you have to. Bonuses: Moderate increase to non-physical stats at level one, slight increase to non-physical stat growth on level up, sweet delicious kingdom building, and the chance to seize rule, both in battle and in the kingdom.

Survival Supplies: Get a heavy duty backpack and fill it with everything you think you might need. A well made tent, about a week worth of preserved foods, a water filtering bottle, that kind of thing. Bonuses: All the stuff you bring? And moderate Luck stat boost? I dunno. My main idea was just using it to camp out in the wilderness to really focus on grinding levels early on.

Modern Weaponry: Guns, Glorious Guns! Or, whatever else you might want. Flamethrower? Sure, if you can get ahold of one. Naturally, you'll also bring lots of ammo and instructions on how to make more that you can, pass of to some smiths and alchemists or whatnot.

Planning: There are many things that went wrong the first time around. Take your time to think about what you can do different in many situations to get a better result. For instance, perhaps at one point you decided to go full Renegade, causing your Paragon Paladin Waifu/strongest party member to leave. You got a lot of gold for your actions that helped better arm the rest of the party, but it was never quite the same without her. How can you compromise to keep the powerful ally, and still earn enough money to improve your gear. Something to ponder, at least. Not to mention there are probably a dozen other situations you could handle better. . . Bonus: Better application of foreknowledge. (Honestly, you could probably do this one and two others, but I'm still limiting it to two.)

Companionship: Have a cherished pet, a significant other, a close family member, or the like, who might be willing to come along? Hold them tight in the last moment and see what happens. Bonus: A friend. Also they'd probably get summoning bonuses of their own from the isekai god/dess. For instance, maybe your pet would be transformed into a beastkin with heightened intelligence.

Generalist: Try to do everything. Your preparations will fall short in most areas, but you can probably get at least one type up to snuff, and gain at least something for every other category.

Other: Not gonna lie, even I can't think of everything. If you've got some special preparation in mind, throw it down in the comments.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
planning and companionship because thoes are the most nothing options and i hate effort

BlackKnightX

Train everything I can. That includes study. And that includes knowledges about where to get the survival supplies, How to craft modern weaponry, where to find the best companions. Then after that, I‘ll begin planning as part of the traini... Wait, what? I can only choose one? Ok, never mind me then… 😂

longer

Balls
I feel like the issue with modern weapons is that it depends on the nature of the world you go to. Like a LMG would be incredibly effective if given to someone in our world before the 1800s.

However, in a world where some dude can casually conjure a fireball or earthquake, then anything short of heavy artillery might seem lackluster. More importantly, if the Isekai world has some power system that allows people to become nearly demigods, would a rifle really stop someone? I'm sure we've all watched an anime where some guy gets blasted with modern weaponry and comes out with a few scratches at best.

Then there's also the possibility that we introduced industrialized mass slaughter to a different world. Because if we assume the Isekai world is similar to the middle ages, where battles resulted in casualties of around 10-15% on each side, then the introduction of firearms might lead to some not so good statistics.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Planning and Generalist.
Generalist because I need to do many things, and planning to both fix the weakness of being a generalist, and to keep me on my feet when I am Isekai’ed once more!

Chaos_Sinner777

I feel like the issue with modern weapons is that it depends on the nature of the world you go to. Like a LMG would be incredibly effective if given to someone in our world before the 1800s.

However, in a world where some dude can casually conjure a fireball or earthquake, then anything short of heavy artillery might seem lackluster. More importantly, if the Isekai world has some power system that allows people to become nearly demigods, would a rifle really stop someone? I'm sure we've all watched an anime where some guy gets blasted with modern weaponry and comes out with a few scratches at best.

Then there's also the possibility that we introduced industrialized mass slaughter to a different world. Because if we assume the Isekai world is similar to the middle ages, where battles resulted in casualties of around 10-15% on each side, then the introduction of firearms might lead to some not so good statistics.
Sounds like you wouldn't want modern weapons without study then. To make sure you understand the full impact the guns could have. As for scaling. Hmmmm. I suppose I'd place guns as something that could work up to a point. Like average demon soldiers could be lightly damaged by side arms or killed reasonably consistently by heavier guns. But the DK could tank an Anti-Tank round. They could certainly make a huge difference in the war though. Give your fodder the ability to actually consistently damage the enemy fodder.

ElijahRyne

I think chemical weapons may also work, but if you are limited to guns, how much ammo did you even bring?

You are isekaied into a typical LitRPG fantasy world. Through many trials and tribulations you approach the final battlefield, the cursed lands before the Demon King's Castle. In a great battle between the forces of the allied races led by the King of the country that summoned you, and the demon race's army led by the Great Demon General, you fall before setting foot in the Castle. Then, you awaken in your old home two years before you were summoned. Due to knowing of a God of Time in the fantasy world, you suspect that you will be summoned again at the same date, so you decide to prepare, how will you go about doing so? (Choose any two options)

Training: Hit the gym, track, maybe join a boxing club or karate dojo. Heck, work on a farm during the summer for both years if you think it'll help. Bonuses: Significant increase to physical stats at level one, moderate increase to physical stat growth on level up, and increased hand to hand combat skill.

Study: They say that Knowledge is Power, time to prove it. The primary Kingdom you were involved in had numerous socio-political issues, and you're certain that the history of Earth could help you lead your army better in the final battle, so study everything from economics to battle strategy/tactics(Anybody understand the difference? Far as I can tell strategy is the big picture and tactics is the finer details.) to plumbing if you have to. Bonuses: Moderate increase to non-physical stats at level one, slight increase to non-physical stat growth on level up, sweet delicious kingdom building, and the chance to seize rule, both in battle and in the kingdom.

Survival Supplies: Get a heavy duty backpack and fill it with everything you think you might need. A well made tent, about a week worth of preserved foods, a water filtering bottle, that kind of thing. Bonuses: All the stuff you bring? And moderate Luck stat boost? I dunno. My main idea was just using it to camp out in the wilderness to really focus on grinding levels early on.

Modern Weaponry: Guns, Glorious Guns! Or, whatever else you might want. Flamethrower? Sure, if you can get ahold of one. Naturally, you'll also bring lots of ammo and instructions on how to make more that you can, pass of to some smiths and alchemists or whatnot.

Planning: There are many things that went wrong the first time around. Take your time to think about what you can do different in many situations to get a better result. For instance, perhaps at one point you decided to go full Renegade, causing your Paragon Paladin Waifu/strongest party member to leave. You got a lot of gold for your actions that helped better arm the rest of the party, but it was never quite the same without her. How can you compromise to keep the powerful ally, and still earn enough money to improve your gear. Something to ponder, at least. Not to mention there are probably a dozen other situations you could handle better. . . Bonus: Better application of foreknowledge. (Honestly, you could probably do this one and two others, but I'm still limiting it to two.)

Companionship: Have a cherished pet, a significant other, a close family member, or the like, who might be willing to come along? Hold them tight in the last moment and see what happens. Bonus: A friend. Also they'd probably get summoning bonuses of their own from the isekai god/dess. For instance, maybe your pet would be transformed into a beastkin with heightened intelligence.

Generalist: Try to do everything. Your preparations will fall short in most areas, but you can probably get at least one type up to snuff, and gain at least something for every other category.

Other: Not gonna lie, even I can't think of everything. If you've got some special preparation in mind, throw it down in the comments.
Study.
Memorize a couple of modern techniques, farming, forging, metal welding, etc., sell them to different countries, and accumulate wealth. They would either band together or fight. Either way, you'd be enjoying your life while waiting for the next reset.

Chaos_Sinner777

I think chemical weapons may also work, but if you are limited to guns, how much ammo did you even bring?
Any modern weapon, as long as you can obtain it, and you can bring as much ammo as you could carry. But I did account for bringing instructions so you could have more manufactured. Assuming the processes can be recreated in the fantasy world.

ElijahRyne

Any modern weapon, and you can bring as much ammo as you could carry. But I did account for bringing instructions so you could have more manufactured. Assuming the processes can be recreated in the fantasy world.
So you would want to stick to 1890’s guns because it is easier to make their ammo?

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
strialized mass slaughter to a different world. Because if we assume the Isekai world is similar to the middle ages, where battles resulted in casualties of around 10-15% on each side, then the introduction of firearms might lead to some not so good statistics
Presumably, we wouldn't be summoned to fight a Demon Lord if humanity being annihilated wasn't on the table. So 10-15% is either naive, or proof that you don't even need to bother being the Hero.
Like average demon soldiers could be lightly damaged by side arms or killed reasonably consistently by heavier guns. But the DK could tank an Anti-Tank round. They could certainly make a huge difference in the war though. Give your fodder the ability to actually consistently damage the enemy fodde
At that point, swords and whatever other weapons would just not work. If you had a way to make it work, you could provide the same means to guns. Enchantments or whatever. If magic is the only way, you can make gun-type items that enhance the power of magic.

Doing everything you can is just the obvious. So Generalist, + an emphasis on Study or Planning depending on where you feel you failed the most in the previous attempt. Companionship is invaluable, though. If you can find a competent person and get them to help you prepare, then you can double your productivity... Unless you bring multiple people. Then things get wonky.

Chaos_Sinner777

Presumably, we wouldn't be summoned to fight a Demon Lord if humanity being annihilated wasn't on the table. So 10-15% is either naive, or proof that you don't even need to bother being the Hero.

At that point, swords and whatever other weapons would just not work. If you had a way to make it work, you could provide the same means to guns. Enchantments or whatever. If magic is the only way, you can make gun-type items that enhance the power of magic.

Doing everything you can is just the obvious. So Generalist, + an emphasis on Study or Planning depending on where you feel you failed the most in the previous attempt. Companionship is invaluable, though. If you can find a competent person and get them to help you prepare, then you can double your productivity... Unless you bring multiple people. Then things get wonky.
Enchantment or fantasy metals to improve the guns sounds pretty reasonable. Maybe even stat modifiers for ranged weapon damage, though I figure that should be less of a factor with guns than it would be for bows. As for bringing multiple people. The Isekai God/dess knows about your time loop and would be less than thrilled if you overdo things. S/he probably won't smite you for bringing two, but they'd both get lesser bonuses.
So you would want to stick to 1890’s guns because it is easier to make their ammo?
You could do that, but given enough time I'm sure a blacksmith with magic like powers could figure out better ammo.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Enchantment or fantasy metals to improve the guns sounds pretty reasonable. Maybe even stat modifiers for ranged weapon damage, though I figure that should be less of a factor with guns than it would be for bows. As for bringing multiple people. The Isekai God/dess knows about your time loop and would be less than thrilled if you overdo things. S/he probably won't smite you for bringing two, but they'd both get lesser bonuses.
Weird that she doesn't want her world to be saved, but one is probably fine anyways.

Tbh, I never understood the fascination with bows. There's a reason we don't use them in RL anymore, unless it's a question of sport or desperation. At best, you can say they use different stats, with bows needing strength and guns needing perception or something. Rule of Cool, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chaos_Sinner777

Weird that she doesn't want her world to be saved, but one is probably fine anyways.

Tbh, I never understood the fascination with bows. There's a reason we don't use them in RL anymore, unless it's a question of sport or desperation. At best, you can say they use different stats, with bows needing strength and guns needing perception or something. Rule of Cool, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It costs a lot of divine power to facilitate transmigration. Dragging a bunch of extra people along will make it take much longer before she could summon other heroes for other situations. And yeah, bows are kinda trash compared to guns. But like you said, rule of cool. Plus a fantasy world would be more likely to account for them in it's system's damage calculations.

longer

Balls
I mean it depends on how the demon lord is. Like it could be trying to wipe out mankind, enslave mankind, or something of the sort. Or the demons are just trying to exert their political influence like a human state would. Because you never know if humans summon some you because "muh strategically important river."

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Or the demons are just trying to exert their political influence like a human state would. Because you never know if humans summon some you because "muh strategically important river."
Yeah, this is the kind of situation where you don't need to bother playing hero. Just have fun and don't die this time.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
do drugs as chances are they dont exist in isekai
I think the drugs would be even wilder in Isekai. With the potential to be even more horrifying, or actually safe and not as horrifying as real life drugs.

Like, no addiction, no damage.

Or trapped in a coma while still aware and constantly suffering.