How many chapters did you stack before posting?

Thraben

Depends.

I have a tendency to post immediately once finished until there is like 5-6 up, then sit on at least one but sometimes up to 10. Typically, I only stack chapters up unposted if it doesn't make sense to give an audience more of the story until it's mostly written.

Avoids most of the cliffhanger problem, though some of it is unavoidable.

Jerynboe

5 chapters, though with my current procrastination novel I’m planning on releasing it one arc at a time and not worrying about keeping a consistent schedule because it is just for fun. So anywhere from 8-15 chapters, however long it takes for MC to accomplish a short term goal I feel comfortable leaving people hanging with.

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
As of right now: I released Chapter 74 this morning, and I am working on Chapter 127 today, since I burnt some of my early backlog posting a bunch in the first week. So I'm only working 53 chapters ahead; enough for patrons to get plenty to nom on.

doravg

137/4001 (finally counted the stories)
I asked that very same question once. People told me at least 5, 20 is optimal. But even sick I still write, and I need to be in so much pain, that I can't sit my ass in the chair to skip a writing session. (Which happened last year around Christmas when a piece of wood fell on my toe)

So, I post as a go. You can do the same, the pressure will just motivate you. =)

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Yandere Robot / Wife of Botty
I've been working on some new stuff. Planned to have 20 chaps by the time I started posting and was curious how I compare to you lot!:blob_hmm:
Omni-man That's the neat thing, you don't: TV, Omni-man, Invincible,  Reaction, Rejecting, Pointing : r/FreshMemeTemplates

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
I've been working on some new stuff. Planned to have 20 chaps by the time I started posting and was curious how I compare to you lot!:blob_hmm:
I had 18 when I started releasing daily. I did 21 days of daily before switching to 2 times a week. Having a decent (15+) chapter pile before you post a long running story is good, because it makes you less likely to drop the story as an author.

To add to it, a lot of stories sound fun in theory, but by 10 chapters in, you're tired of your own gimmick.

D

Deleted member 58005

Often zero, back when I used to have more spare time and could write for hours on end. My backfill atm only has 4 chapters ready, but I don't really care about keeping a schedule so its there for as long as I want it to be