Recommendations Something that would appeal to a programmer/JP novel fan

Ungrave

I'm not really sure how to phrase what I'm looking for. At this point in time the only series I'm actively reading on the site is The Runesmith, and I'm quite enjoying it. I would like to expand my horizons a bit though, so I'm asking for a series that you think might appeal to me. I get that this is a hard request since I don't quite seem to know what I'm asking for myself, but if you could suggest me something (perhaps other than your own story unless it actually seems to match my request) I would be grateful.

Thank you in advance.

My novel The Alchemy Kingdom might be what you're looking for... I'm also a programmer and my initial idea was doing something more logical, kind of scientific approach to magic, more specifically crafting magic tools. Anyway, I'm trying balance that with a good adventure, might be worth to check. However, the Alchemy part starts after chapter 7-8, so try to push pass that. Hope it helps!

Legi0n

Well, first of all you have to understand that Runesmith's informatical knowledge is a bit... let's say off the mark. Author himself stated it, and the story works perfectly anyway.
So, knowing that, what are you looking for? Going by ny preferencies I would suggest you Viscount's Rise.

Btw, AK is definitely going to be my next reading (just waiting for a little bit more chapters to stockpile). Absolutely loved the sinopsys and that Kingdom Building tag (and iirc I saw even an Army Building? Love you.) @DreamWeaverWriting

Well, first of all you have to understand that Runesmith's informatical knowledge is a bit... let's say off the mark. Author himself stated it, and the story works perfectly anyway.
So, knowing that, what are you looking for?

Btw, AK is definitely going to be my next reading (just waiting for a little bit more chapters to stockpile). Absolutely loved the sinopsys and that Kingdom Building tag (and iirc I saw even an Army Building? Love you.) @DreamWeaverWriting
So, I'll be waiting for you... Army building will be around chapter 60, though...

Ungrave

So, knowing that, what are you looking for?

I'm well aware of the weaknesses in The Runesmith, but if I guess I had to say what it contains that I particularly enjoy it would be the situations it gives me to think about? I enjoy how the author goes through the problems that the main character wants to solve and the ideas they cover to solve it. I also enjoy how they cover enough ground without going into the nitty gritty of things (since some authors tend to get lost in the specifics of problems) and show off enough of their world to get me to think. I also like seeing numbers go up, so that's a plus.

PunishedKom

I believe my work would be very much in line with what you’re looking for. Numbers go up is the name of the game as the protagonist starts from zero and manages a failing business while adding new girls, each with their own set of inherent problems, to his growing stable of adventurers. There are constant problems cropping up and the entire series is incredibly progression heavy.

One girl is a powerful mage, but can’t properly speak to cast her spells.

One girl is a damage sponge, but is afraid of taking damage, and so on.

Coupled with all the business progression road bumps and attempts at improving the Guild, I’d really suggest it to you.

Kuropon

I'm not really sure how to phrase what I'm looking for. At this point in time the only series I'm actively reading on the site is The Runesmith, and I'm quite enjoying it. I would like to expand my horizons a bit though, so I'm asking for a series that you think might appeal to me. I get that this is a hard request since I don't quite seem to know what I'm asking for myself, but if you could suggest me something (perhaps other than your own story unless it actually seems to match my request) I would be grateful.

Thank you in advance.
Glad to have you on board. :blob_hide: