Turn back to Draft button

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
As the title explains.

I was editing one of my scheduled posts as I got some new ideas I wanted to bring in. Then I rescheduled it, blabla then got new ideas again and did the same... for 7 times in a row.:sweating_profusely:

The thing is, it occurred to me that we can't turn already published or already scheduled posts into drafts again. Hm. Would it be hard to implement it? :blob_hmm:I know this is very niche, so it probably isn't worth the effort, but then please make it so that if I update a scheduled chapter, it automatically retains its chosen date.:blob_no: Hitting an update on a chapter that was scheduled for a week later after some minor edits, just so it goes live because I was a dumb-dumb and reflexively hit "update" is a bad feeling.:blob_blank: The button says update...and I updated the text, but I didn't want to publish it yet. :blob_dizzy: It totally screws with my monkey brain. :blob_frown:

J_Chemist

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
You already can, though.

Just reschedule it to a future date, confirm and press schedule, and it disappears.

Ah, nevermind, I thought you were asking for unpublishing.
That I don't know, but in any case you can just copy the content and delete then recreate the chapter.
Or schedule past your own lifespan.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Hitting an update on a chapter that was scheduled for a week later after some minor edits, just so it goes live because I was a dumb-dumb and reflexively hit "update" is a bad feeling.:blob_blank: The button says update...and I updated the text, but I didn't want to publish it yet. :blob_dizzy: It totally screws with my monkey brain. :blob_frown:

If the chapter is scheduled for a week later, you can update it as much as you want and it'll still be "scheduled". It shouldn't be publishing anything if the date of the chapter is in the future. I just double checked to make sure or am I misunderstanding something?

If you're asking for the actual 'draft' button back, that's possible too. It's a two step process though. First, you must edit the "Published" date to before the current time then set the "Status" to "draft". After that, just press "update"

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
If the chapter is scheduled for a week later, you can update it as much as you want and it'll still be "scheduled". It shouldn't be publishing anything if the date of the chapter is in the future. I just double checked to make sure or am I misunderstanding something?

If you're asking for the actual 'draft' button back, that's possible too. It's a two step process though. First, you must edit the "Published" date to before the current time then set the "Status" to "draft". After that, just press "update"
Thank you for the answer!

Hmm, then it had to be something to do with cookies? (I use a different browser now) Or a bug? I remember (around a year ago), I was scheduling chapters, and when I modified something in a scheduled chapter and hit update, it published it. I even included it in my tutorial (which was also one of the reasons I made that) to warn others of it and got comments that reinforced the same experience that I had.

Weird. I went ahead and tried it now, and truly, it does not publish it. So, it is no longer happening, but I remember repeating that "mistake" multiple times, and it became a habit to always reschedule the chapters.

Thank you for the clarification!