Rejected from Royal Road for a "sexual cover," now posting on Scribble Hub

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Hello! I am an author that goes by the name of Mikan Citrus. I have been writing for years now and recently decided that I am finally ready to publish my works online. I am new to Scribble Hub, and currently this is one of the only websites that I am posting my work on (the complete version of my debut novel is on Amazon, so perhaps you might be interested in that).

However, I have also attempted to post my work on the totalitarian regime of a website known as Royal Road—I was looking through the Scribble Hub forums and saw someone call it “literally 1984,” which got a laugh out of me. As the title of the thread states, I was rejected for the reason that my work has a “sexual cover,” even though that is not at all the case. What I found even more baffling was that there were other fictions on RR with “sexual” covers that have been approved and allowed to be posted for anyone to see.

Arisaka: Celestial Violet (Scribble Hub link to my novel)

I would provide specific examples of those “sexual” covers I discovered that were allowed on RR, but I’m not sure if I am allowed to post links to that website, especially if they are the works of other authors. What I am wondering is if I should continue to communicate with the mods at RR to make my case, as I would like to get my writing out to as many people as I possibly can, and perhaps even post about my situation at the forums over there? Please let me know what you think, helpful feedback would be appreciated.

Screenshot of my fiction submission to RR

The message I wrote in my support ticket

The moderator’s response (this made me laugh so much)
To the extent that no sexualization whatsoever is allowed, I actually see their point (unless back problems are a meaningful story element). All jokes aside, it's definitely tame enough but it is sexualized.

From a PR perpsective I get I can at least understand RR trying to stay away from even the hinting of smut.

Mikan_Citrus

So pure.
So pure.
It brings tear to my eyes.
I wonder, did you try to dispute the Royal Road decision?
I didn't even bother with it any more after they closed the support ticket. I brought up the fact that there were other fictions on RR with "sexual covers," and I guess they didn't even know what the hell was on their own website despite these fictions being pretty popular. Maybe next time, but for now I don't really plan on posting my works on RR anymore; it's a hassle to abide by their overbearingly strict rules.

beast_regards

I didn't even bother with it any more after they closed the support ticket. I brought up the fact that there were other fictions on RR with "sexual covers," and I guess they didn't even know what the hell was on their own website despite these fictions being pretty popular. Maybe next time, but for now I don't really plan on posting my works on RR anymore; it's a hassle to abide by their overbearingly strict rules.
It's no show job for them. I suspect most of them don't know and don't care what their site does.
Their only responsibility is for advertisers, which don't want they ads to be associated with .... things.
It's also typical for subcontractor companies being more afraid of their client (parent company) rather actual people. And I use "actual people" since the companies like this don't see users as customer.

UnknownSaint171

It's hard to believe, I've always seen RR as a safe haven or better writing platform. I never knew RR had this 'dark side'
I guess nothing is really perfect... Come to think of it, it makes sense now why I don't see many female covers on that site.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Yet they gladly skirt legal issues getting paid to promote copyrighted images for their hand-approved ads.

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
I had to change a cover here in Scribble Hub, but to be fair, her tits were almost jumping out

• Wow
Reactions: AYM

AYM

Average cilantro enjoyer
I had to change a cover here in Scribble Hub, but to be fair, her tits were almost jumping out
Cough Fellow daoist, I request you transmit over those diagrams.

They will serve as invaluable examples to carefully study when this one decides what cover to use for the new scripture.

dummycake

Cough Fellow daoist, I request you transmit over those diagrams.

They will serve as invaluable examples to carefully study when this one decides what cover to use for the new scripture.
I don't remember which one was exactly, it was one of these

Reactions: AYM

AYM

Average cilantro enjoyer
I don't remember which one was exactly, it was one of these

Good! Good! Good! These are very profound diagrams... I must enter seclusion at once to digest these insights.

dummycake

Good! Good! Good! These are very profound diagrams... I must enter seclusion at once to digest these insights.
have you never seen a woman with big gazongas?

Beta_Krogoth

Thats a shame! My aliens have far, FAR larger boobs than your girl and I got away with it but its all in the text rather than the cover. I can kinda see what they're talking about, it IS a sexual cover, but it feels overblown to be honest. Feels like luck of the draw more than anything else. RR is weird as hell though and I don't know how much I'd recommend you being there in the first place.