What is a silly thing you have looked up for your writing?

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
Or as I call them, "Brain fails". I'm not talking about looking up the definition of a word or the proper spelling (because I'm sure we've all done those). I mean those silly things where you looked it up and then immediately thought to yourself "I should know this" or "why did I google that?"

Today, I looked up how many millilitres are in a litre.

If you're not familiar with the metric system or the prefixes. Milli means thousandths. As in... 1000 of something bigger. Yep. Excuse me while I go return my engineering technician diploma and get a refund.

GabrielTenma

How to spell basic words like occasionally, or limousine sometimes. My brain just wants to write and not spell, if my Grammarly free can't associate the closest spelling I put down in the document to the actual word then I gotta search it up.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
How many time does it take for a corpse to become a skelleton without flesh. I should know that with how many there are in my backyard.

For real it was a battle ax, and their average size

HypnoticNovels

So freaking much T.T I try to have a ton of accuracy for the details in my story, so it's thrown me down massive rabbit holes researching. Obviously, I can't get everything right, but I've done my best. I've looked up a ton of things on evolution, ancient tools, element reactivity, growth rates, the traits of different species of trees, mushrooms, and moss, and a lot of things I can't even say without spoiling some of my future plans :blob_sweat: I've probably spent more time researching for my story than actually writing it.

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
A manual to operate, the pilote flight manual a F/A-18 super Hornet alongside the emergency landing protocols, on PDF.

Was for a chapter of a air Battle with modern aircrafts, and I wanted to sounds realistic despite being a regular Ace Combat big boss mission

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
I was writing a really paranoid and anxious character that ended up getting Isekai'd and he was converting the currency comparing their meat skewers with the Big Mac
In a medieval World, a cheap and fast meal is a meat skewer.

And in the modern World, it's going to sound stupid, the equivalent is a Big Mac.

Using the Big Mac Index I can determine the value of the currency here.

A Big Mac in the US, in average, is five dollars.

A skewer here is one copper coin.

So one copper coin is equal to five dollars.

Let's say that ten copper coins equals one silver coin.

Then one pair of goblin ears equals one copper coin.

Which means that you could make a living hunting goblins, at least if you can eat skewers every day.

Ugh, I'm overthinking it.

It's just a fantasy World, I don't need to know every equivalent and little detail to survive.

I don't know how the Big Mac Index (Google it, it's kind of interesting if you like economics and nerd shit) was used or how I was going to use it

anyway, I ended up scrapping this part because I'm not smart enough with numbers and shit.

Obsoleteness

Less silly things would be how far one could travel on horseback or carriage in one day. More silly is if foxes wag their tails when happy :blob_melt:

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
What does woman juices tastes like.

I never have to google what does cum tastes like.

Why is cum so mainstream while vaginal water is underground?

lilwriter

Or as I call them, "Brain fails". I'm not talking about looking up the definition of a word or the proper spelling (because I'm sure we've all done those). I mean those silly things where you looked it up and then immediately thought to yourself "I should know this" or "why did I google that?"

Today, I looked up how many millilitres are in a litre.

If you're not familiar with the metric system or the prefixes. Milli means thousandths. As in... 1000 of something bigger. Yep. Excuse me while I go return my engineering technician diploma and get a refund.
me and thesaurus.com are married
What does woman juices tastes like.

I never have to google what does cum tastes like.

Why is cum so mainstream while vaginal water is underground?
This made me laugh so hard. You’re so right. Women taste amazing and men taste HORRIBLE too. 😂