I answer "how long should chapters be."

NoFcuksGiven

It's also dependent on the medium that the novel is published in. I tend to see works published in sites like Scribble Hub releasing chapters in shorter chunks (1,000 - 2,000 words) when compared to most traditionally published novels (5,000 - 6,000 words), usually as a tactic to get more exposure on the "Latest Updates" list.

It's also easier to catch the attention of readers if the fiction has a higher "chapters per week" number. Strangely enough, releasing 7 chapters a week---each about 1,000 words---seems way more appealing than releasing 1 chapter a week---each about 7,000 words, even though they have roughly the same amount of words.

Additionally, more chapters means you'll be able to rack up more favorites, which also contribute to your work's exposure.

Plus, the attention span of modern readers are short as hell due to the advent of social media like Tiktok, making shorter chapters a more preferable option, as it makes the story seem more digestible in a sense.

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
Part of what I did bring up. :ROFLMAO:

Someone asked me to discuss the differences between web novels and traditional novels more in a future video, and I think I might do that as it's something I've thought about a lot the last two years.