I just launched a Patreon to help with my writing...

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
You should consider getting an audience before opening a Patreon, and maybe reconsider your choice of prices there.

For information, the stats of people coming to your Patreon are more or less 3% of your reader, which are at 10 for now. The prices set won't help attract people to give a try and what you reward for that, are not what they looking for on a Patreon.

Readers who buy Patreon want some advanced chapters because they love enough the story to pay each month for a little plus, not talking with you.

HouseMasterPoDing

Thank you for the feedback. It is highly appreciated. This is all very new to me and I am just starting out.

Reactions: Jet

Indicterra

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed 🎶
Brother, You're skip a lot of major steps here.

And just giving you heads up, things will not go smoothly as you hope it would be, it is very hard to make a story and make it intresting enough to make people actually pay for pateron.

What I am saying is shit can go south, maybe it'll not, I hope you have enough skill and luck to do that

Last edited:

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
When we are talking about Patreon, correlating to writers, you only need one thing besides having an already built-up reader base.

Advanced chapters. That is what makes people sign up for it.

Starwaves

Don't even bother making a pattern til your story is at least 50k words. No one will bother subbing to you otherwise.

Also, your writing has to be entertaining.

FebyA

I agree with advance chapters.

I also only received my first patron recently after my novel have a bit more advanced ch on Patreon.

Which means, it might be a long game. Like planting a tree and only eating the fruits much later.

Also, keep publishing on public sites to gain more readers.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Also, using the scribblehub forum as a funnel to patreon is not nice.