Add Mermaid tag

Glitched

Moth Mommy
No. ^ above post
Demi-human. It's generalized but, as do centaurs, mermaids do fall under that category here.
You have a point, but I think the demihuman tag should have subtags. We have a lot of more specific tags that get used a lot less than specific demihuman tags like demi-cat or centaur might be used of they were implemented. There's a literal animal rearing tag that's used by less than 100 stories. I don't get why we can't leave the demihuman tag for general inquiries and then add specifics.

uCare

You have a point, but I think the demihuman tag should have subtags. We have a lot of more specific tags that get used a lot less than specific demihuman tags like demi-cat or centaur might be used of they were implemented. There's a literal animal rearing tag that's used by less than 100 stories. I don't get why we can't leave the demihuman tag for general inquiries and then add specifics.
There's 103 stories tagged with Animal Rearing and I counted 1,076 stories with the Demi-Human tag. I can't argue against your point on the difference between those two counts because you are correct. Math is a fact but I can claim creating a subcategory for one form of demihumans is opening Pandora's Box when others request equal representation. You have any idea how many combinations exist in Greek Mythology alone? Too many for it to be worth the effort. That's a matter of opinion for someone else with higher authority to decide and, yet, I believe they'll have the same thoughts on the math.

Last edited:

bulmabriefs144

There are were werebeasts and I think an angel tag. Surely Mermaids is a different category than say centaurs or other land-based demihumans.