Writing Should I repost my story when I have more chapters?

SfwMage

I didn't end up taking a good advantage of the window for front page when you first post, as I was suffering from various personal issues. And I've yet to update my story since like the beginning of last month as I've just gotten the time to write and focus on that. However there's several weeks gaps between posting and I'm debating on just re-uploading the story since I also have edited some of my previous chapters (Also I made the mistake of mindlessly splitting a chapter into two parts when it wasn't needed). So I'm genuinely wondering if I should just re-upload it with all the changes and everything.

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
I didn't end up taking a good advantage of the window for front page when you first post, as I was suffering from various personal issues. And I've yet to update my story since like the beginning of last month as I've just gotten the time to write and focus on that. However there's several weeks gaps between posting and I'm debating on just re-uploading the story since I also have edited some of my previous chapters (Also I made the mistake of mindlessly splitting a chapter into two parts when it wasn't needed). So I'm genuinely wondering if I should just re-upload it with all the changes and everything.
I wouldn't advise it. Your story already has 50+ readers. They won't be happy if you suddenly repost everything and have to wait through multiple chapters (if they even find it again.). Unless you've really retooled the whole plot (removed or added entire characters or plotlines), you shouldn't repost it as a rewrite. If you want to do a burst of chapters, you can still do so. From personal experience, my biggest growth was actually during my second and third chapter release burst, rather than my first one. My first one was on release, and went on for 3 weeks, my second burst was a single week, and my third burst was 12 days.

Bloodbath_Voracity

You just gotta accept that and move on. Finish the story and revise it later.

Otherwise, you'll be stuck for a long time. You already have readers, what they want is what will happen next rather than the quality of your writing. They already read past those.

Unless of course you revise your book with different plot, etc.

Hans.Trondheim

Hans off, please!
Consistency is one of the big things many readers would love to see from an author. Even when at first, your work may not get its desired number of readers for you to carry on, consistency can make your audience grow in time.

As for your plan of re-upping your work, I'd advise against it if you are not sure you can continue for long. To others, it may look like a 'pathetic' attempt to push your story down their throats (I'm speaking from my personal experience), and as a budding author, it will severely affect your reputation.

You can take down and re-up your work, but only when you built enough number of chapters/backlogs so you can write the rest while updating, and rest in-between, as well. Also, uploading with backlogs can help you 'iron-out' inconsistencies in your work. The number of re-ups should also be limited, only when it is extremely necessary that you should take it down (if you also plan to re-up it again in the future).