Scribble Hub Forum

Scribbler
Scribbler
Moonpearl, let me ask you a serious question: what do you think would happen if a person accidentally stepped into a bear trap? Like what are the chances that they're bleeding badly, and the chances that they're completely fine?
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
They'd be severely bleeding and probably have a broken leg, right?
Scribbler
Scribbler
I suspected as much, I'm glad I was able to explain a way around it. But I'm kind of annoyed I had to explain my way around it. Did I fail as a writer? I wasted half a page explaining it. I could have used those words to progress the plot or expound on the characters or world. Did I think the bear trap would not hurt in the first place, or did I simply not think of it all?
Scribbler
Scribbler
I can't tell if I made a mistake or if it was a part of my vision
Scribbler
Scribbler
Was explaining it always a part of the plan or did simply think I wouldn't have to?
Scribbler
Scribbler
I think I did make a mistake. But because of that mistake, I was able to make what I was making better than it originally would have been
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
I don't quite understand. Did you spend half the page explaining why the bear trap hurt your character? Or explaining why it hadn't?
Scribbler
Scribbler
Moonpearl, I had an outline for the chapter that didn't factor in the possibility that one of the characters may be unable to move freely because of an injury from a bear trap. The scene was comedic, without any seriousness in it, when I introduced the character that stepped into the bear trap. So all in all, even though he should have been injured in reality, if it were to happen in reality, in this case, he was not
Scribbler
Scribbler
I've already figured it out. I'm just frustrated I can't write any more because I'm mentally exhausted from thinking about it
Scribbler
Scribbler
Btw, liking barbie really makes you look like a girl
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
Ah, I see~! When it comes to stuff like this, I personally prefer skipping over it when I write and thinking about it later. Then I can just edit in the best explanation later.

And yeah~! But I'm a woman anyway.
Scribbler
Scribbler
You know what, I like you so much, I'll read your yuri, I've only ever liked 7 people that much, where I would read their stories, even though I wasn't interested in their premises
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
'-'
You could have simply said it was a defective bear trap in which the teeth were blunt and the hinge was rusted so the force and pressure was very little when it activated.
'-'

X
Scribbler
Scribbler
@Nahrenne Ah, I hate to say it, but that's too coincidental. The way I explain too is coincidental, but I have to so the character is and not the bear trap. I mean, why would someone even use a bad bear trap? Idk, yours would work if it weren't for the scenario in my story
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
Well, it could have been a forgotten trap that had been exposed to the elements for quite a few years. It would also explain why the character didn't see it in the first place - since it would have been covered by overgrowth of plants in its vicinity.
Then again, I don't really know what the scene is, so I'm hypothesising.
'-'

X
Scribbler
Scribbler
Moonpearl
Moonpearl
@Scribbler They're not finished yet, unfortunately. When they're done, they'll be part of an event for a little while before I publish them on SH.
Scribbler
Scribbler
Wow, you've been hosting the event for years, but haven't written one? That's surprising. I don't think most people are bad writers, but that that they're all trying to accomplish different things as a writer
Scribbler
Scribbler
Guess I'll just have to wait then.