Scribble Hub Forum

D
Deleted member 54065
Ah, well, now that I'm aware he's exposed to other stuff, maybe he likes the 'chill'?
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
No, he thinks the story is good. He also liked Isekai Cheat Magician.
D
Deleted member 54065
I see. Preferences, eh? Well, I guess each one to his/her own.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
I agree. I am just wondering why. I mean he told me why. But like, why?
D
Deleted member 54065
Well, as an isekai writer myself, I've encountered readers who like simple, easy-to-digest stories, devoid of edge.
D
Deleted member 54065
Me as a reader, I don't like edgy stuff like I read on Re:Zero, but I love crafting narratives that will make the reader say, "Oh! So that's why this happened on this part!"
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
I like Re: Zero, and a few other mainstream isekai. I don't even mind the occasional turn my brain off, and have something to watch as background noise. But I wouldn't consider any of those that I watched for that purpose as particularly good or intriguing stories.
EternalSunset0
EternalSunset0
What's the reason though? Just curious, although I'm of the opinion that whatever it is, it's valid. Each to his own, and all of us have different perspectives or what we aim to get out of media anyway.
D
Deleted member 54065
Ah yeah, I don't think smartphone isekai is also good, but I just let its likers be. We're really diverse: I want relaxing yet intriguing stories. You like stories with edge (or a little bit), and your bro loves simple, easy-to-digest ones (to the point it's boring). And there are those who apply their raging sex hormones to every story they read.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
@EternalSunset0 his reasoning was just that the story was good, and he found it funny. I agree, to each their own, but he is also a sibling. So we must judge each other for tastes.
D
Deleted member 54065
In every family, there's always the black sheep.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
I would probably say I am actually the black sheep of the family. Most of my family are super religious and not very open minded.
D
Deleted member 54065
Well, when it comes to tastes, me and my younger bro are both black sheeps. lol

We're so enamored with the uncommon, we already got our mother join our boat.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
I also tried to get my mom into anime, and she hated every one besides Re: Zero and Death Note. She occasionally calls to ask me when there will be a season 3 of Re: Zero.
D
Deleted member 54065
Now I see where you got the love for edge. :love: :love: :love:
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
Considering her favorite show is Dexter that is probably partially why...
D
Deleted member 54065
Well, as long as we get them to enjoy the shows we love, I think it's a good bonding time.

Though yeah, I need to study my family tree for any mad scientists and secret supervillains.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
I am the final boss on this platform already, so I don't need to look down my family tree to know where the secret villain is. I just need to look in the mirror...wait! Mirrors don't work!
D
Deleted member 54065
Yep, I'm surprised you still have mirrors in your place when you can't use them.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
It's for aesthetics. When the occasional human comes in, they see a nice mirror.