Scribble Hub Forum

Anon2024
Anon2024
This could go either way. Either 1) Activision now doesn't have shareholders breathing down their neck for earnings reports and makes good games again, or... Microsoft doesn't do anything good with it and we're stuck with terrible blizzard games still.
Gryphon
Gryphon
@Anon2023 The fact that they were bought by Microsoft, one of the biggest, if not the biggest, tech conglomerate in the world honestly means they have double the shareholders breathing down their necks. I mean, just look at what happened to Halo when Microsoft bought Bungie, not even mentioning the crapshow of microtransactions that is Destiny 2.
D
Deleted member 54065
So uh, from a not-so-techie perspective, is it good?
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
I have no idea if it will end up being a good thing. I mean the old Ceo of Activision/Blizzard is stepping down at the end of this year, which is probably good.
D
Deleted member 54065
Well, one thing I'd like Microsoft to continue is the game FABLE, but they failed me in that regard.
Anon2024
Anon2024
@Gryphon There is one difference though. Activision only does games. Microsoft has multiple other divisions, and their shareholders know how Microsoft operates. That's why I can see it going either way, plus Microsoft had already learned the lessons from Xbox One's debacle which is why they've been doing better. Activision Blizzard hadn't had it's EA downward trend until the last few years.
Aaqil
Aaqil
They're finally done with that? :blob_frown: :blob_cookie:
Feels like they've been buying Actilizzard for centuries, :blob_cookie: