Scribble Hub Forum

SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Classic.
Tsuru
Tsuru
As a "non fan/passerby" of Dark souls
i slightly hate Dark Souls

Not that i hate it, but hate "repercussions" of it.
Sure DS and Elden Ring are masterpieces, but the causality on the game industry is annoyingly huge and frustating.
Tsuru
Tsuru
Because like the chinese saying say [People that follow me survive, people that copy me die]

Beside the fact, there are lot of "crappy copyist" games
What frustrate me the most is this mentality of "HARD DIFFICULTY IS FUN" that DS seems to have brainwashed over lot of people / devs
Resulting in big quantity of games, that have utter garbage balancing, where the difficulty is hard for no reason
SailusGebel
Tsuru
Tsuru
Even chinese novels with a game-maker MC, that recreate DS, mention all the good points of DS, BUT also mention how the details and balancing on it is so precisely done, is a big reason why despite being hard, it isnt a "annoying" kind of hard but a "challengingly fun" kind of hard.

But of course, devs or AAA companies dont understand that.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
I would rather get crappy DS copy than another singleplayer game with battle passes and microtransactions.
Tsuru
Tsuru
And now in 2023, most big IPs, use the "return to the source" reason, to create a shitty sequel, with shitty difficulty (and bug/lack QoL)
but they still get defenders (unknown if paid people), saying "nah its fun, stop whining" bc they appreciate the "difficulty" like masochists.

EVEN ELDEN RING DIDNT COPY DS DIFFICULTY = later on, can use giga spells and stuff
Tsuru
Tsuru
I would rather get crappy DS copy than another singleplayer game with battle passes and microtransactions.
(y)

Arnold Schwarzenegger Predator Handshake GIFs | Tenor

Tsuru
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Also, DS isn't that hard. All the conversations about DS being hard are mostly started by people who didn't play it, or don't have enough time for it. Is it more difficult than a lot of action RPGs? Yes. Is it the hardest game in existence? Hell no. Platformers, strategy games, turn based tactics, and the list goes on, all those genres have tons of truly hard games.
Reactions: Tsuru