Scribble Hub Forum

RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
Yes and no. It's always been that way. Art styles change. Remember when all of the animes looked like Death Note art? Or the ones that were similar to Angel Beats?
SailusGebel
Detective_Quack
Detective_Quack
The art just keeps getting simpler and simpler to the point that I hardly find any creativity or uniqueness distinction in the anime style.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
It's always been that way. There are always only a few standout artists. That's why Miyazaki's stuff was/is so loved.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
The problem is that there are more now than ever, and most artists go the most straightforward path. Do you think people magically changed their goals? Nope, people are people no matter what era.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
I think it's about money.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
It's always been about money. The ones that did it for love were few. People have been selling out since before any of us were born. Well not me, since I am centuries old. But you get the point.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Right now, manga art is diverse enough. Although certain genres, for example romcoms, look almost identical, if you look at the variety in other genres, for example shounen, it's diverse. I think anime studios simply use the same style since it is cheaper to make.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
And I am telling you that it's always been that way. You remember this art style a bunch of romcoms were using?