Scribble Hub Forum

dummycake
dummycake
WHAT'S WRONG WITH HEROES ANYWAY? PEOPLE MENTION CAP AMERICA AS A GOODY TWO SHOES BUT HE FUCKING MURDERS PEOPLE AND DISOBEY ORDERS FROM THE ARMY YOU'RE NOT THE FUCKING JESUS OF WRITING JUST BECAUSE YOU CREATED A CLONE OF THE PUNISHER
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_cookie: The hero genre is outdated. We live in a post heroic age. In fact, the superhero genre is uniquely American.
dummycake
dummycake
it's true and it hurts so much that I love it but I can't get my dopamine from them anymore...
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_reach: I usually bash you, but the superheroes deserve some praise for creativity and uniqueness, at least.
dummycake
dummycake
people like more personal stories right now rather than heroes saving strangers
can't blame them when every movie the world is going to explode or something
Voidiris
Voidiris
Cynicism is on the rise and what you said is applicable too many heroes too, the complexity of character is not determined by good or bad.
dummycake
dummycake
no, that's exactly why I love superhero stories. the uniqueness, creativity, design. there's storylines that can only work in that genre.
I would argue that there's more lessons about humanity in these stories than most others
Voidiris
Voidiris
Well every trope has the same possibility of quality, the execution is what makes genres good or bad.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_cookie: The superhero genre being an exclusively American genre, makes it mirror the American state and mind. It reacts to current events like none other. The ideological decline is thus strongly reflected in it.
dummycake
dummycake
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_reach: The same way that Japanese anime reacts btw to the three lost decades.