Scribble Hub Forum

TotallyHuman
TotallyHuman
Unless the NPC is unkillable due to importance to plot, or killing it insta fails the player
SailusGebel
TotallyHuman
TotallyHuman
Nothing of import, princess
SailusGebel
Reactions: Aaqil
melchi
melchi
Video game worldbuilding story logic. It can get kinda weird.
melchi
melchi
Ex: What makes more sense, a blood farm putting a bounty on a blood bag thief or the vampire who owns it putting the bounty?
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
I don't think I will be able to figure this one out on my own. I need help of a professional. @RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
I would like to defer to the second dumbest person on the forum to answer this query: @SailusGebel.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Wait what?
RepresentingEnvy
  • Haha
Reactions: Aaqil
SailusGebel
RepresentingEnvy
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
If it is scripted for an NPC to put a bounty, it makes sense. Even if NPC does not respawn.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
That's true. Yeah, that's what I don't understand here. So why is it dumb?
melchi
melchi
Well if the NPC can only do what it is coded to do I guess that makes sense. The story I am reading the game isn't really a game so the NPCs are sentient.
N
Notadate
Indeed
Reactions: melchi
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Can't you just make a headcanon that NPCs are influenced by their scripts? More on that, NPCs in MMOs respawn. There are probably some MMOs where NPCs don't respawn, but I can't remember any. And such MMOs are a minority, I think.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
I didn't know you were talking about a story. By the way, which story?
Reactions: melchi
melchi
melchi
Oh, I am talking about the ritualist, maybe book 3? Sailus is proving my point. Having a story that is a game but it... surprise surprise... not really a game makes readers frusterated because they are defeating their own worldbuilding.