Scribble Hub Forum

Blitz
Blitz
I helped with managing tags on nuf for a really long time and that system has been mostly ported to SH too. It’s a headache in many ways
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_teary: Do bratty noble girls count?
dummycake
dummycake
hm... technically they're Isekai, but I would say more spiritually. Isekai-like? Isekai-lite?
people still consider Star Wars a sci-fi movie when it's clearly Fantasy, so... words mean nothing.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
What dummycake said is exactly why I try to never argue semantics. They are some of the most heated while also being useless arguments. Intent matters more than the specific word.
dummycake
dummycake
yeah. tags and categories should be used to help you search for something you like, not put things in a box and complain when they're outside of the box you'd like it to be.
dummycake
dummycake
Oshi no Ko and obviously Solo Leveling wouldn't exist in their present forms without the Isekai wave.
dummycake
dummycake
anyway, that's just my two cents. SL isn't that good anyway :3
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
SL isn't good

Fixed it for you.
dummycake
dummycake
I would say it's cool, but not good. there's some cool visuals and vibes I want to steal, but it's not a masterpiece.

SSS-Class Suicide Hunter is 1000x better, I recommend it, cried several times.
dummycake
dummycake
it's just average teenage boy fantasy, nothing really wrong with it
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_paint: FOR THE NOBLE GIRL GENRE!
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Obviously there's nothing wrong with it. But hailing it as the best, or saying it has something beside the cool factor is, let's say disagreeable and argumentative.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
It is so much more than just the cool factor! It also has :blob_cookie:
dummycake
dummycake
jumpscare
dummycake
dummycake
the ending (music video, not the ending of the story) of season 1 is so cool and it makes it seem that there's like a deep story hidden beneath... but it's just boy gets strong and fucking kills God
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
It's time to come clean, bois. I'm biased since they copied Arthorias design, which contributed A LOT to the cool factor, yet everyone are cool with it. AI art is bad, it's thievery. Stealing design is not bad. Don't confuse.
dummycake
dummycake
I'm biased because a dog shit YouTuber read 5 chapters of SSS-Class Suicide Hunter and said it's generic and just like Solo Leveling, when it's not even fucking close.
Sleds
Sleds
@dummycake Technically, they are not Isekai. In real, they are not Isekai too. Don't know for Solo leveling and didn't really care, but for Oshi No Ko, the idea of reincarnation don't come from Isekai, and it's not because something get reincarnated that it's Isekai, and that what people can't understand since for most of them reincarnation is isekai.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_neutral: Isn't Isekai world exploration?
Sleds
Sleds
No. Isekai is going to another world by any mean, be it reincarnation, teleportation, invocation, Gate, etc....