Scribble Hub Forum

Nahrenne
Nahrenne
I think it helped me push myself to write the amount I did in such a short time, though.
Different things help different people.
*huggles*

X
Saileri
Saileri
I'd rather stick to the story I am currently writing and give it my full attention than start a new one just for a contest. Even if I joined, I'd still keep my writing style most likely, which is ~4k words chappies, once or 1-3 times a week, depending on time.
Saileri
Saileri
Pushing is great and all, but you need a breather once in a while to ponder over what you wrote and what you are going to write soon.
Saileri
Saileri
My style doesn't fit fighting against daily releases or even many a day. I hate splitting up stuff. When I write a chapter I write until I feel satisfied with what I covered in it, so it doesn't feel empty, like nothing happened in it.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
'-'
*wrote over 100k words in a month*
I think I had the advantage of not currently writing/posting anything else on SH at the time Adventum started.
>w<

X
  • Wow
Reactions: HJ
Saileri
Saileri
Well, last week I was alone at home and pushed myself to simulate a full-time writing. Was able to do chapter a day, but including all the editing and sudden changes, it took most of the day if not the whole. So if I went full time, it would be 4-5 releases a week I guess, since I'd include days for thinking.
Saileri
Saileri
With the amounts of notes I create on the side, they rival full chapter lengths sometimes, and they just depict a single small idea than spans over tens of future chapters. I'm too much into leaving little pieces of stuff for people to one day go "Woah, so that's the fking reason! That was her in the 8th chapter!"
  • Wow
Reactions: HJ
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
'-'
I see.
*huggles hard-working SaSa*

X
Saileri
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
*gets nommed by SaSa*
@w@

X
Saileri
Saileri
I'll nom you whenever u want. But slip now. Just finished another chappy, and just after ending it I got a wild idea when writing the last line and had to rewrite 1.5k words, so it will be even wilder in the future. Am tired af now.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
*massages SaSa's stiff shoulders*

X
HJ
HJ
100k words! That's amazing Saileri.

I would suffer a burn out after that. There was this time in the past months where I was high in and deep into the writer's headspace that caused me to suffere a massive burnout. Even my health deteriorated back then. My readers were hungry for new chaps and I had to apologise and explain over and over.
HJ
HJ
Back story. The novel I was working on was already around 30 chapters but I decided to do a full revision. The story was overhauled and I started to rewrite from chap 10. Readers noticed and they became upset because they liked the first version already. It was a helpless situation. I had to give them lots of explanations and answered all their questions.
HJ
HJ
It took time to build back up and appease the disgruntled readers. In the end, I let it be and just continued to write and release new chapters regularly. As the days passed, they began to enjoy the second version. 😌 Whew! Those were the dark days. It was a tough time that tested my ability to convince other people. Haha! No wonder PR people are needed in the world.