Scribble Hub Forum

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
I don't but this is an interesting question.
BernKatstel
BernKatstel
Yeah, I might ask in the “looking for recommendations“ thread if no one answers here
Woolen_Bat_Monkey
Woolen_Bat_Monkey
No, glad I could be of help. *Finger guns 👈🏽👈🏽*
BernKatstel
BernKatstel
No bananas for you
J_Chemist
J_Chemist
So in Paganism, there is such thing as the "Strings/Threads of Fate" or the "Webs of Fate". In a way, your life is predetermined and the path is woven by the Norns. However, how you traverse said path is left largely to you as the individual. The Norns simply weave certain "checkpoints"/challenges that you will face, and it is on you to overcome them.
J_Chemist
J_Chemist
That's the spiritual standpoint, at least, for such a thing. The details are a bit murky and can be sort of... weird, but it's interesting to learn.
BernKatstel
BernKatstel
Interesting! Do you have a book to recommend? If not, it’s still helpful for me to search, thanks
J_Chemist
J_Chemist
There isn't exactly a book per say but more a collection of research and stories told of various visits to the Norns and descriptions of them. I get much of my information from the Prose and Poetic Eddas but there's also the various "Sagas" to pick through. I recommend a simple google search, however. There's a lot but there are plenty of websites that breakdown specifics rather than you having to go digging.
BernKatstel
BernKatstel
Alright, this is already quite nice, thank you
J_Chemist
J_Chemist
Unlike Christianity/Catholics, Islam, and other religions that wrote down their stories--Paganism was a largely "word of mouth" based religion. When Christianity did its thing, doing its crusades on the world, they were dickheads and did their witch hunts forcing Pagans to go under ground. It wasn't until later that stories were written down, so information is rather murky and some stories require piecing together.
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Nevermind I'm not interested anymore.
Anon2024
Anon2024
Why are you looking for this?