Scribble Hub Forum

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
A good family would not restrict you from choosing a good spouse, but from a bad one. Freedom in doing so by yourself usually leads to a poor choice. (Evidence: current divorce rate is high)
The families often would help keep the marriage together as well.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
@Prince_Azmiran_Myrian Freedom of religion is a consequence of being a secular state. I don't care who caused it really.

I won't say they are endangered, but I don't live in your country. From what I observe, it is looked down upon, but you can still freely believe, and won't be prosecuted by the government. Which is my main point.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
And you would get offed. Which is a bad thing, cause it directly contradicts the most basic rule, the right to life.
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Also, single motherhood is one of the worst things that can happen to a child.
We can see the consequences of no marriage and they aren't freedom, but misery.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
@Prince_Azmiran_Myrian Granted that family is good. Also, you base everything on the fact that everyone will suddenly become Christian(thus good), moreover, not simple Christians, but GOOD Christians. Which is simply not possible.
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
And besides, marriage has been the successful institution around the world for millenia. It's the only reason any of us are here.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
And I'm not talking about atheism. I'm talking about Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, I won't mention less popular beliefs. Did you manage to convert all your religious acquintances into your own religion? Cause you have to deal with that when you say families have to choose spouses.
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
You forget that Christianity began while being persecuted.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
And then they persecuted others. A nice cycle
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
It was bad, just like many other things humanity did before, it is also irrelevant to the topic.
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
I think the idea of freedom = good is too simplistic and is blind to what caused it to be good in the first place. I'm not arguing for more rules but for good rules instead of bad rules. USA was written with good rules, resilient ones too, but bad always finds a way to corrupt no matter the system.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
Over time without fail every government will try to gain more control. That’s also a cycle. It’s seemingly harmless at first. One law leads to another and another.
LuoirM
LuoirM
I want to slap a female toddler
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
I think the idea that religion is what made freedom good is just as blind. Considering how many harmful things it did. P.S. I'm not talking about one specific religion. Every religion is responsible for bad things and good things. It all more complex than Christian is good, everything else is bad.
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
@LuoirM don't do any of those things. This is a restriction that is good.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
This whole thing is kinda pointless. Nobody learned anything new, so let’s give ourselves pats and hugs. :blob_hug:
SailusGebel
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
@SailusGebel Yes, this is because all mankind is selfishly sinful in nature. But going into this is maybe too much here.

I'm pro marriage, that sums up most of the reason I'm arguing here.