Scribble Hub Forum

SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Not nostalgia. Not every new game in a series develop the old features you like, sometimes abandoing them, or even taking a completely different aproach.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
I still like DS1 more for story(lore), world, and enviromental storytelling. I have not played a single soulslike that had the same type of world, where everything is connected to everything.
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
ER too much light for you.
Lorelliad
Lorelliad
Hey, I agree. Gael was much better of a boss than almost all of the ones in ER. Save for maybe Malenia and Godfrey
Corty
Corty
You are like my friend who has the same stance. For me, all the previous entries are too frustrating. ER is the only one I played through multiple times and I disliked the parts in it the most that reminded me of DS.

So everyone is different. :blob_salute:
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
@Prince_Azmiran_Myrian why is that kinda true? DS3 has like the most depressing atmosphere and color scheme.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
I know DS1 has a depressing atmosphere, but when you get to Anor Londo the colors are bright.
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
I think the music and scenery is more impactful in DS3.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
And the mechanics are more refined.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Correct me if I'm wrong, in DS1 90% of NPC quests end up with those NPCs becoming hollow. Also Plin Plin Plon and Sif.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Anor Londo is an illusion.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
Same stuff happens in DS3, but the game has more dull colors.
RepresentingEnvy
RepresentingEnvy
I know. I played all of DS1 and watched the lore videos, princess.
Iamnotabot
Iamnotabot
Darksoul 3 has the best of all darksouls. It has everything, atmosphere, music, gameplay. Etc.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
I can agree that it is overall the best, but it does not have the best world. I can concede and say atmosphere is better in 3, but saying tunnels is better is wrong. Even if you use backtracking as an argument, you had the same problem in DS3. Also poise and bonfire placement is better in 1.