Scribble Hub Forum

dummycake
dummycake
also I'm a little crybaby faggot, so it's expected
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Well, my main gripe comes from the fact that there was no buildup, nor there was proper ending. I can't take it seriously when a couple pages after "tearjerker" characters revert to the goofy\cheerful selfs. They obviously shouldn't grieve for the rest of the webtoon, but smiling a couple pages later ruins any immersion.
dummycake
dummycake
what do you mean? it wasn't anything personal to him, why should he spend the next chapters crying? he felt compassion and helped the children, and he saw everything as an outsider with his ability, so like... what?
dummycake
dummycake
also that's clearly a glimpse of how the tower isn't just some game. the boss clearly comes from another world.
doesn't that make you interested at all?
I don't think I've seen any other story do that, at least not with the same deepness (that'll be explored in the later chapters)
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
It will be hard for me to properly explain.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
It does not make me interested, because it is WAY too tropey, and MC is atrocious. Not the "boohoo, MC is envious," but he is generic as hell. It's your Korean MC #3651.
dummycake
dummycake
I really can't agree with you... with the knowledge I have from the future, the things he does, and the fact that he killed himself hundreds of times just to go back in the future, it makes it seem like we read different manhwas
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Yep, the fact he killed himself is stupid. There is no lasting repercussions apart from him becoming fearless, which currently serves like a bonus. What happened with his previous personality? Nothing.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Re:Zero did it thousand times better.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
And I don't like Re:Zero
dummycake
dummycake
what do you mean there's no lasting repercussions? you could say that there's no visible change in his personality (for now (sorry for playing this card all the time, but it's true)) but the top 1 guy killed him because the system counted those suicides as him killing a player
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Like, before he was a good for nothing trash, with only outstanding trait being his envy. After COUNTLESS DEATHS!!! He becomes numb for a second, and then transforms into usual Korean MC. Fearless, witty, confident. Banters all the time, always smiling. He is the usual Korean MC. Sure, the way he achieved it is slightly unique, even though not really.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
But the end result is generic MC.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
There are no lasting repercussion for now. He does not suffer from any kind of trauma, nor does he show his previous personality. Sure, he likes spotlight because of his envy, but this trais is overshadowed with how cold and calculative he is. Again, witty, fearless, confident, calculative.
dummycake
dummycake
eh... I can see where you're coming from, and I do agree partially. I don't think he's that generic, because he's treating everything now with recklessness. he's gonna come back anyway, so why should he care? he does grow up in the future. exploiting his ability to learn about the pains he could never experience with his current privileges.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Maybe. But it is really hard for me to read past the beginning, because beginning is a carbon copy of so many webtoon I've previously read. For example, I won't be able to find the title, but this isn't the first Korean webtoon where MC dies a lot. All those cheats make me incredibly bored, while his personality and the way author writes leave no room for drama.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Fights are boring, drama is non-existent, character cast is boring, MC is boring, everything is tropey. At least the beginning.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
It is extremely hard for me to read past that, with a potential reward, that maybe after chapter 80 I will see something unique.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Cause that reward might be false.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Did you read Sword King?