Scribble Hub Forum

UYScuti
UYScuti
So I can use memes or how ever the kids communicate these days :blob_aww:
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
*personally thinks a lot of stuff the younger generations like is very...shallow*
'-'

X
UYScuti
UYScuti
Isn’t everyone just stuck on the internet now? With all the COVID restrictions we all basically live online. I’m on an island in a culture that’s so foreign to me I have no idea what people are into.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
*huggles*

X
UYScuti
UYScuti
If only I could interact with people and learn the language. Islands been on curfew and lockdown since March. It’s rough. But, I suppose it’s like that in a lot of places. Still... closing all the beaches on a tropical island is a bit much.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
Well, that's to make sure people don't congregate.
>w<

X
UYScuti
UYScuti
Extreme UV radiation in a hot environment. Chance of outdoor spread on a beach here is so small it’s not quantifiable. Even during peak tourism the beaches aren’t crowded. Now with no tourism, it would be easy to remain 50 feet from the nearest person.
UYScuti
UYScuti
Almost all cases here can be linked to indoor events with friends and family. Different regions and cultures really need to be evaluated differently. People here love being outside. When you lock them down, they start throwing parties inside. It requires a lot of effort and research to create the best plan on a tropical island. Sadly, not much thought is going into how to treat the tropics.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
I see.
'-'

X
Aoibh
Aoibh
I just don't get Gen Z, millennials is where it's at.
UYScuti
UYScuti
IDK. Right now Millennials are really mucking things up. I’m pretty close to the Gen X/Gen Y line.
Aoibh
Aoibh
okay there is a few mellinials out there who have lost there marbles, but isn't that the same for all generations? plus millennials have had it the hardest!
UYScuti
UYScuti
Well, I don’t know about having it the hardest. Every generation has it hard in some way. I mean, I wouldn’t want to live through the depression like my grandparents, or lived through the draft and a few other issues like my father’s. I would need to see how my generation has it harder than those kind of issues. Most millennials can’t even remember a world without cellphones and internet.
Aoibh
Aoibh
unless they were brought up in poverty, they would know. also this pandemic has brought similar actions the great depression had caused to the poorer populace of the world. But this will always be a problem for generations to come so it's not really unique to a certain generation.
UYScuti
UYScuti
We bought our property using hay 😂 It was nothing more than forest and rock. Spent most of my childhood clearing forest and breaking stone/rocks. My house was... well, whatever. This was in the US. Now, whenever I need something, I open an app and order it. I mean, COVID brought some tough economic times, but that’s a fairly recent thing.
Aoibh
Aoibh
I don't know wvout your country but it's been happening for plenty of years prior, it's just gotten more worse due to covid.
UYScuti
UYScuti
Honestly, every generation gets shafted one way or another. So I’ve never tried to look at mine and say, whew... we have it rough. It kind of discredits the struggles everyone before us has gone through. I didn’t have internet until I was 18. Can’t live without it now. No cell phone until I was 20. Can’t imagine that anymore.
UYScuti
UYScuti
My life has been a hell of a lot easier than the generations before me. When my major complaints are “the network is down” compared to “it’s winter and the furnace isn’t working again” or “the company shut down, how am I going to feed my family”, I think I have it pretty easy.
Leti
Leti

I feel old now.
Aoibh
Aoibh
people still play club penguin?