Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and Bravely Default

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
I am so excited to play them, now that I realized there is an ENGLISH patch for the AAI2 since I already played most of the AA games (excluding the Ace Attorney 2 and 3) and then there is Bravely Default... trying it out in my Citra emulator since I don't have a Nintendo DS! Just brought them!

Oof... I haven't finished Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice!

Edit: And all ATELIER DX too!

Last edited:

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
I am so excited to play them, now that I realized there is an ENGLISH patch for the AAI2 since I already played most of the AA games (excluding the Ace Attorney 2 and 3) and then there is Bravely Default... trying it out in my Citra emulator since I don't have a Nintendo DS! Just brought them!

Oof... I haven't finished Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice!

Edit: And all ATELIER DX too!
Yeah, bet you'll love seeing Edgeworth's logic chess. Much better that Phoenix's bullshit mind reading. Pretty cool to see how he corners his enemy with their own words.

Motsu

Yeah, bet you'll love seeing Edgeworth's logic chess. Much better that Phoenix's bullshit mind reading.
Yeah true, the AAI1 was one of the best AA I've ever played. I truly love the AAI... and well, the TGAA too because it has good soundtracks.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
Yeah true, the AAI1 was one of the best AA I've ever played. I truly love the AAI... and well, the TGAA too because it has good soundtracks.
Edgeworth is fan most favorite character so the developer is forced to live up their expectation, and they did. And the second game was by far the most satisfying one I ever played. Too bad it never get localized, but, hey, the fan translation is pretty good!

Still waiting Study In Scarlet to finish translating The Great Ace Attorney 2, though.

Motsu

Edgeworth is fan most favorite character so the developer is forced to live up their expectation, and they did. And the second game was by far the most satisfying one I ever played. Too bad it never get localized, but, hey, the fan translation is pretty good!
Really wanted to play AAI on my phone though.

Still waiting Study In Scarlet to finish translating The Great Ace Attorney 2, though.
Yeah, Scarlet Study was the reason why I could play TGAA... they have my many thanks. In addition, I heard TGAA Chronicle was about to be released on PS4? And they officially named Sherlock Holmes to Herlock Sholmes which is the latest trend in the AA community because of the memes.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer

Yeah, Scarlet Study was the reason why I could play TGAA... they have my many thanks. In addition, I heard TGAA Chronicle was about to be released on PS4? And they officially named Sherlock Holmes to Herlock Sholmes which is the latest trend in the AA community because of the memes.
LOL, for real? But I bet Capcom is simply what to dodge copyright onslaught by naming him that.
There's actually emulator Drastic for android. Being able to click the lower layer touch screen is why the android emu better than PC.

Last edited:

Motsu

LOL, for real? But I bet Capcom is simply what to dodge copyright onslaught by naming him that.
I heard this was because of the Doyle family estate, infamous for suing what they perceive to be copyright infringement.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
I heard this was because of the Doyle family estate, infamous for suing what they perceive to be copyright infringement.
Lawsuit is scary no matter who you are. Even scarier for the game developer who made games about lawyers to actually getting accused by lawyers.

Talk about irony!😆

Motsu

Lawsuit is scary no matter who you are. Even scarier for the game developer who made games about lawyers to actually getting accused by lawyers.

Talk about irony!😆
We also have a DMCA strike that gets streamers to jail... just a single piece of copyright music while your streaming and then your sleeping with criminals.

A lot of crap in this world.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
We also have a DMCA strike that gets streamers to jail... just a single piece of copyright music while your streaming and then your sleeping with criminals.

A lot of crap in this world.
Nowadays you can accuse anyone even with most silly reasons. The law that is supposed to protect people's right is abused and there's too many loopholes, too. And yeah, while AA series often talk about that, the real world has it nastier.

Motsu

Nowadays you can accuse anyone even with most silly reasons. The law that is supposed to protect people's right is abused and there's too many loopholes, too. And yeah, while AA series often talk about that, the real world has it nastier.
That's why we have to be cautious to even the biggest stranger, and most of all, our biggest ally... because they can easily betray and accuse us of whatever stuff we didn't do. And then comes, 'guilty until proven innocent'. A deadly combination.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
That's why we have to be cautious to even the biggest stranger, and most of all, our biggest ally... because they can easily betray and accuse us of whatever stuff we didn't do. And then comes, 'guilty until proven innocent'. A deadly combination.
Yeah, and unless you're either some bigshot or someone with money, you're going to have a bad time dealing with the court. Unfortunately, there's rarely ever exist lawyers like Phoenix, even more so for prosecutor like Edgeworth.

And it's real funny how this conversation evolve from a talk of a game about lawyers to a talk about law. 😂

Motsu

Yeah, and unless you're either some bigshot or someone with money, you're going to have a bad time dealing with the court. Unfortunately, there's rarely ever exist lawyers like Phoenix, even more so for prosecutor like Edgeworth.
Ace Attorney is just a figment of court expectations and the real-life court will probably have you commit seppuku.

And it's real funny how this conversation evolve from a talk of a game about lawyers to a talk about law. 😂
LOL

Last edited: