Add the ability for readers to mark stories on their reading list, to be notified of any new comments. Like the author of the story.

Rita152

There's a story I'm a beta reader for, and I find it frustrating that I have to search for new comments on it. Is there anyone else having the same issue? It would be a convenient addition for those who are really active in a series' comments section like myself. It should definitely be off by default, but people should appreciate the option.

To clarify: I want the option to opt in on a story by story basis, not an all or nothing-type thing

Last edited:

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
I'd rather have the ability to search comments, but okay. Might get a little tedious though if you follow more than one book.

Psycholor

Writing Trash
I'd rather have the ability to search comments, but okay. Might get a little tedious though if you follow more than one book.
Pretty sure he means to opt-in. Like a new setting for the reading list customization.

Basically "[X] Notify me of new comments to stories on this list."

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Pretty sure he means to opt-in. Like a new setting for the reading list customization.

Basically "[X] Notify me of new comments to stories on this list."
Yeah, but if you opt in to one or two popular books, you'll get dozens of comments a day(or at least on upload).

Plus1

Yeah, but if you opt in to one or two popular books, you'll get dozens of comments a day(or at least on upload).
Then... don't? It's not like you'd need to use it; the tool would be very useful for some very specific cases, but otherwise it's a bit of a blunt weapon, so to speak. Of course you'll get spammed if you activate it on any significantly relevant story.

Rita152

Then... don't? It's not like you'd need to use it; the tool would be very useful for some very specific cases, but otherwise it's a bit of a blunt weapon, so to speak. Of course you'll get spammed if you activate it on any significantly relevant story.
Exactly. I understand what I plan to do with it is a sort of niche case, but I'd still like to see it implemented. Just put a "tune-in to all comments" checkbox somewhere on the story's page

IDKWtWrite-San

Projecting 'Unreliable Narrator' Tag
Is it a bookmark that's similar to some manga app where it notify you that there was a new chapter uploaded by the author of the story ? :blob_popcorn:

Rita152

Good idea.

Maybe do it like, you get auto notification for every chapter you responded to?
Having that way as an option would be nice, but you can already get notifications for responses to your comments. Sometimes I also just don't have anything to say, and putting in a comment just for that would feel incorrect.
Is it a bookmark that's similar to some manga app where it notify you that there was a new chapter uploaded by the author of the story ? :blob_popcorn:
I have no idea what you're talking about here

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
nah, no point, we have notif when someone reply to are comment

Psycholor

Writing Trash
I don't want the lovely person above me to have the most recent comment.

Contrary to what they are saying (in first grade sped English), this feature would be useful for people who want to see other new comments, not just the replies to their comments.

It's really not hard to understand...

Rita152

Exactly, some stories have a lot of information that needs to be pieced together, and knowing when new comments appear would go a long way in helping people see new data that was previously unknown

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
There's a story I'm a beta reader for, and I find it frustrating that I have to search for new comments on it. Is there anyone else having the same issue? It would be a convenient addition for those who are really active in a series' comments section like myself. It should definitely be off by default, but people should appreciate the option.

To clarify: I want the option to opt in on a story by story basis, not an all or nothing-type thing
Literally just going to be blown up by me saying “Thank you for this chapter!”