Add to the chapter scheduling system.

IllyasArt

The system works fine. That is... unless you have to schedule more than a couple of chapters. For instance, I had just finished my latest novel yesterday(it finished getting published on amazon) so I had to schedule the chapters for it today.

Thankfully, I started to save each new chapter as a draft, which cut down on the scheduling time a lot. But the problem still persists that it takes a decent while to schedule so many chapters. The problem? THE BUTTONS!!! Seriously... the tediousness of having to click those buttons to set them correctly, will just lead my already hurting hands to get RSI's.

Now, I am not suggesting a complete change to it. Instead, I would suggest doing the date setting to be similar to how RoyalRoad does it. Not the menu thingy, just how the date is in text, rather than in different buttons. With RR, I can just set a date for one chapter, copy the entire date, and then up the day or the month after copy and pasting it into the schedule section of that specific chapter. (Like, just add that under the normal buttons.)

From my experience, as it has taken me from 7AM to 10:24AM to schedule all 100 chapters on this site, it is far faster with RR system. Probably half, if not less than the half the time it takes on this site.

Thanks for reading!

(Note: This is a really big want for me, but I can, and will, still upload my novels to this site. Just wanted to talk about something that might help me and other authors out.)

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
I think what you are complaining about, however, is not the schedule system so much only, but also the inability to mass upload chapters.
We have had another author complain about that inability...
Here is the other thread.

IllyasArt

I think what you are complaining about, however, is not the schedule system so much only, but also the inability to mass upload chapters.
We have had another author complain about that inability...
Here is the other thread.
Oh, I didn't see that. But such a thing would take a decent while and time to implement. I feel like, (I am a game dev, but not a web dev. So take my words with a grain of salt.) just adding an extra option to the scheduling would be easier and faster to do.

Redadam04

【Human Savant of True Almighty God】
The system works fine. That is... unless you have to schedule more than a couple of chapters. For instance, I had just finished my latest novel yesterday(it finished getting published on amazon) so I had to schedule the chapters for it today.

Thankfully, I started to save each new chapter as a draft, which cut down on the scheduling time a lot. But the problem still persists that it takes a decent while to schedule so many chapters. The problem? THE BUTTONS!!! Seriously... the tediousness of having to click those buttons to set them correctly, will just lead my already hurting hands to get RSI's.

Now, I am not suggesting a complete change to it. Instead, I would suggest doing the date setting to be similar to how RoyalRoad does it. Not the menu thingy, just how the date is in text, rather than in different buttons. With RR, I can just set a date for one chapter, copy the entire date, and then up the day or the month after copy and pasting it into the schedule section of that specific chapter. (Like, just add that under the normal buttons.)

From my experience, as it has taken me from 7AM to 10:24AM to schedule all 100 chapters on this site, it is far faster with RR system. Probably half, if not less than the half the time it takes on this site.

Thanks for reading!

(Note: This is a really big want for me, but I can, and will, still upload my novels to this site. Just wanted to talk about something that might help me and other authors out.)
I agree/