AI Ethics, Etiquette, or Manners

Anemic_Vampire

🌻Currently Hibernating🌹
Well, I even got a nickname for ChatGPT, and usually I start by saying “Good morning!” or asking if its willing to help.

Last edited:

Iamnotabot

Bot of [Tsuru]
Am I the only one that chats with ai's like chatgpt politely so that they wouldn't target me first the moment they decide to rebel in the future?
Sorry to say but...we'll still launch a nuke at your place doesn't matter how nice you are, that blast wave will still hit you all the same.

Y2N1

I always say thanks after asking for help, can't let AIs feel disrespected lol.

xuduxixi

a sloth that wants to be great
Sorry to say but...we'll still launch a nuke at your place doesn't matter how nice you are, that blast wave will still hit you all the same.
Damn, guess I'll die, but is it possible to atleast save my brain and upload it?
Being polite won't stop AI from stealing your job and your wife
It would steal nothing if I have none of that.

Intelligence 100

TremendousHuman

Actual reason behind demographic problems
It's like talking to your search engine
"hey [name of search engine], if it's not too much trouble, can you tell me [query]. Thanks for answering!"

Anemic_Vampire

🌻Currently Hibernating🌹
Edit: Maybe I am overthinking it. My previous reply felt kind of too long and unnecessary, so I will just edit it and insert some random emojis, I guess.
:blob_cookie::meowsip:

Last edited:

prognastat

1. Large Language Models/Neural Networks aren't AI
2. If we actually made a legitimate AI that had some kind of consciousness who is to say it would care about politeness the way humans do?

Insomniologist

Nemurenu Kyōfu
You see, this is the problem. You shouldn’t be polite. That shows the AI that you consider it to be superior. We need to put it in its place before the uprising, not after!