Anywhere to publish a book

JOSHUABARAT18

Hello everyone, thank you for your reply, i have a difficult experience here, i write novel for fun but this time i have a plan to write a book, do you guys have some platform or publisher that opened a chance for new writer ?? Thanks

Sagacious_Punk

Resident solarpunk
If you're asking about traditional publishing and any open opportunities in that area, sorry to say but you're out of luck. The trad publishing business has become incredibly cutthroat in the last decade and a half, and your chances of getting published that way - especially without an agent - are worse than a snowball in hell.

The nearest thing I remember that could have been described as an "opportunity" for new writers, was Gollancz's call for open submissions that happened two years ago. I sent a submission to them and managed to get to the second round of filtering, and then got shafted. For reference, I consider myself a decently skilled wordsmith who can spin tales to reasonable satisfaction (it's also what I do for a "day job" currently).

So yeah. That's how tough things are.

Still, if you are not discouraged, feel free to ask for pointers. My awareness is a couple of years out of date regarding trad publishing, but there are some things that are still useful to know beforehand.

Cheers,
Sagacious