Author's Comment - A review expansion

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
I am here to present an idea I have been sitting on for a time now. I know many are completely against it and will think it's useless. Let me try to present my thoughts to my best efforts.

What I'd like to see and suggest in this thread is to give authors the option to react to reviews. With limitations, of course, those being:
  • One reply per review.
  • It can't be deleted, only edited. It would work in the same way as reviews, so it would go through the same moderation as a review and later on can be edited by the author just like a reader can edit their reviews. If the user deletes the reviews, the response will be gone, too.
  • No others can reply to it, not the author or the reviewer. It would be the author's thoughts posted and not a conversation thread. A review of a review, if you will.
That's it. Simple in theory.

It wouldn't have to be visible from the get-go. I would have it like this (the color is to make it pop in the image; if it is the basic blue, it is all good), and readers who are checking the reviews could click on it and open the author's reply to read. It wouldn't be intrusive, and the reviews wouldn't be flooded with an overzealous author's bitchings.

Now, let me go ahead of myself and answer one of the most anticipated comments ahead of time:
  • That would only make authors start bullying their reviewers.
    • People are still going and leaving 'fuck you' messages on others' profiles without it, too.
  • But the bullying of reviewers...
    • If the author responds as an ass, it would be there like a badge of shittiness for everyone to see. It is happening right now, but no reader looks it up anyway.
Is it a good idea? If you ask me, yes, that is why I'm making this thread. Would it survive live testing? Fuck if I know... I am also unsure how feasible it is to implement as I do not know jack shit about coding whatsoever. But as I love this site and its functions, this is the only thing I miss.

Last edited:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I am here to present an idea I have been sitting on for a time now. I know many are completely against it and will think it's useless. Let me try to present my thoughts to my best efforts.

What I'd like to see and suggest in this thread is to give authors the option to react to reviews. With limitations, of course, those being:
  • One reply per review.
  • It can't be deleted, only edited. It would work in the same way as reviews, so it would go through the same moderation as a review and later on can be edited by the author just like a reader can edit their reviews. If the user deletes the reviews, the response will be gone, too.
  • No others can reply to it, not the author or the reviewer. It would be the author's thoughts posted and not a conversation thread. A review of a review, if you will.

It wouldn't have to be visible from the get-go. I would have it like this (the color is to make it pop in the image; if it is the basic blue, it is all good), and readers who are checking the reviews could click on it and open the author's reply to read. It wouldn't be intrusive, and the reviews wouldn't be flooded with an overzealous author's bitchings.

Now, let me go ahead of myself and answer one of the most anticipated comments ahead of time:
  • That would only make authors would start bullying their reviewers.
    • People are still going and leaving 'fuck you' messages on others' profiles without it, too.
    • If the author responds as an ass, it would be there like a badge of shittiness for everyone to see. It is happening right now, but no reader looks it up anyway.
Is it a good idea? If you ask me, yes, that is why I'm making this thread. Would it survive live testing? Fuck if I know... I am also unsure how feasible it is to implement as I do not know jack shit about coding whatsoever. But as I love this site and its functions, this is the only thing I miss.
:blob_aww: For the right of defence!

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
You have my money.
But I don't have any review to comment on, so you better comment on my review if I ever review your series.

Erios909

I don't think scribblehub reviews are very common and readers don't really use them much compared to say, royalroad or amazon. I think everyone here just expects things to be bad. :sweat_smile:

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
I think it’d be nice. Well, problems could arise, but it depends what gets through moderation. Then again, I have no reviews so…

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
I actually searched for this function when I got my first review, so I went back into the forum to answer it, but I wished I could have answered it where it belonged? Like, a thanks for your words, or questions when something is stated without explanation, or just some tried old "Sorry you feel that way". That, and blob emojis :blob_cookie:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

• One reply per review.

• That would only make authors start bullying their reviewers.
endorsed