Banish Wordiness (Part 4 in Prose Series)

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
In the spirit of the topic, this video is the shortest since it's concise.

I'm finally almost done with this series of videos on prose. I'm so tired of this, to be honest. I need to do something different... Something that can maybe drive numbers even, as I feel this will be most useful when working with people 1-on-1. But I digress...

Next week will be the final entry in this video series: cadence. Cadence is the music of the page. It's something people often feel is off when they notice the grammar is fine, but it still feels unenjoyable to read. It... well, we'll cover that next week. I have so much I can say there.

At any rate, while I know most will ignore this, I hope those who are receptive find value in this. And if you haven't seen the full series yet, here are the other videos so far:

melchi

What is a custom title?
Thinks that "Version I'm keeping & version I fixed" are two completely different scenes.

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
Thinks that "Version I'm keeping & version I fixed" are two completely different scenes.
Same scene at different parts of the conversation. The precise moment doesn't matter. Both contain the word "just" in them, but one case I decided to keep while the other I decided to remove. Hence why it fits the context of don't blindly apply this, but it helps to know.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Mmm, I think a before and after example might be more fitting. The application is editing after all.