Before you swear off sugar.

doravg

109/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
Check to see if you are predesigned to low blood pressure. If you are, it is not worth cutting out sugar. Today, I had a blood pressure of 107/78. After 2 rows of chocolate and one coffee, it is 120/103. I will need to cycle like possessed to burn off the chocolate, but at least my head doesn't hurt anymore, the mental fog is also gone.

It is easy to think that sugar is the Devil in person, but even poison can be healthy for you if the dose is small. Don't follow the trends, people. Every person is different, just like our fingerprints are different. The average man or woman doesn't exist.

From someone who learned it the hard way.

Have a productive day ahead!

Jemini

Check to see if you are predesigned to low blood pressure. If you are, it is not worth cutting out sugar. Today, I had a blood pressure of 107/78. After 2 rows of chocolate and one coffee, it is 120/103. I will need to cycle like possessed to burn off the chocolate, but at least my head doesn't hurt anymore, the mental fog is also gone.

Less than 20 points between systolic and diastolic? I think you might have more issues than just low blood pressure there. I'd have that monitored and documented in coordination with a doctor. It might be nothing, but it might also lead to some sort of serious issue.

That said, I'm sure there are other things than sugar to raise your blood pressure to healthy levels. I notice the specific vehicle of your sugar intake was Chocolate. Chocolate doesn't just have sugar in it, it also has caffeine. So, those are some confounding factors to keep in mind.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

It is easy to think that sugar is the Devil in person, but even poison can be healthy for you if the dose is small. Don't follow the trends, people. Every person is different, just like our fingerprints are different. The average man or woman doesn't exist.

sugar can be good, but just avoid the artifical shit. natural is always better

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
I'm sorry, my friend, but as much as refined sugar makes everything taste better (and I know it well), it is truly poison. You can immediately notice the difference once you detox from it. And it's not that you have to eliminate it completely; in small doses, only during main meals, you can consume it. It is devastating outside of meals.

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
Did you go cold turkey?!
Pretty sure they quit eating chocolate and talked about cutting sugar on an older thread

Stay healthy and happy! Well wishes to you

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Your BP could have restored for several reasons, and not due to the sugar:
  • You were suffering from abstinence after prolonged periods without chocolate;
  • You were stressed, and eating chocolate made you feel not stressed any more. That is a mechanism ingrained on yourself after having been in the presence of chocolate for so long, and the chocolate worked as a reward mechanism;
Blood pressure is not a good indication of low sugar. It is just that. Glucose level is what you should have measured if you were worried about your sugar level. Not that simple to measure, though. You do need the right tool for the job, one which is not as easily available as a BP measuring tool.
Anyway, do be careful from now on.

Reactions: AYM