Between Charismatic and Stoic protagonist

AbyssalSun

Hi there, this is my first post in the forum (though I've been lurking around for a while now).

So my question:

Between Charismatic and Stoic protagonist, which one do you think is better?

Not trying to start a serious debate here or whatever, just wanting to know people's preference.

SailusGebel

If the quality of writing is the same, charismatic protagonist is less interesting and more cringe.

Scaver

Hi there, this is my first post in the forum (though I've been lurking around for a while now).

So my question:

Between Charismatic and Stoic protagonist, which one do you think is better?

Not trying to start a serious debate here or whatever, just wanting to know people's preference.
Emotionless, in other word stoic.
And asexual too xD

AbyssalSun

Emotionless, in other word stoic.
And asexual too xD
Honestly, I can't remember when's the last time I've seen a character that's completely emotionless and asexual. Actually I don't think that type actually exist?

SternenklarenRitter

Stoic protagonists, those who generally remain outwardly calm and rarely complain, can sometimes end up seeming uncaring, or cruel. For example Hajime from Arifureta, or Sasuke from Naruto. It's sometimes hard for me to like them. Charismatic protagonists, natural leaders who are charming and persuasive, tend to have simple motivations and take bold actions. For example Hajime from Arifureta, or Naruto from Naruto. It's sometimes hard for me to relate to them. They aren't exclusive, as you can see from my example, and a protagonist who is both can lend themself well to the shounen demographic. Stoic protagonists have more interesting stories, while charismatic protagonists have more fun stories.