Bloodline Purifcation/Cultivation, does this work? (Warning, very long IMO)

ThatRandomWriter

Hello, I am writing this from my phone. Most of this post will be therefore copy-pasted from my personal notes.

I am the writer of Ultima NPC (although yes I upload very rarely. I do apologize for that). My question is simply this, what does everyone think of the idea for 'cultivation' that I have in mind? What follows below is the four 'stages' of Bloodline purification (really only unlock is more than one stage).

If you're a reader, this could be considered spoilers. I will also include a link to the chapter in question that introduces this for anyone that would like to add traction to it. Thank you for reading, even if you don't respond.

Hidden: Bloodline is unawoken, or so weak that it isn't even worth mentioning.

Unlocked: Any level above hidden is unlocked, it can be 10 percent or even 99 percent. This is considered a transformation, the same with Limit

Limit: When the bloodline potential has reached maximum, a total of 100 percent.

Breaker: When other bloodlines are purged from the body, leaving behind only the ancient blood of dragons or monsters or nobles. That is breaker. To cast aside all other bloodlines to achieve it. Their body becomes a permanent state at this point.

(Percentages of 'Unlock' follow below)

1-20 percent: This is the starting place for most people, depending on bloodline purity and how hard they practice using the 'unlock technique' typically this involves small appearance changes (rainbow eyes are always present) such as claws, weak scales, or slitted eyes.

21-40: This is where most tend to get an ability/skill related to their Bloodline (even noble bloodlines get something, usually something related to a 'voice of law'). Further turning their appearance from normal towards their bloodline. Breaking through this percentage is difficult.

41-60: The biggest change comes simply from entering this percentage range. No matter where one is in it. They now resemble either a humanoid creature (such as a were wolf) when transformed, or their body becomes far more compact and pale (not sacrificing any strength to do so. The density of bones and muscle making them tougher).

61-80: At this point two more abilites or skills are unlocked from the bloodline (relating to the one given before).

81-99: Reaching the peak percentage means that the person has begun using 99 percent of their bloodline. Making them the very peak of humanity (or dog hood, or whatever). 99 percent is one step away from 100, but it is a a big gap.

100 percent (Limit): At 100 percent, when using the unlock technique, someone becomes the person/thing their bloodline is derived from (a dire wolf, a dragon, a phenoix). Nobles turn into far smaller and fair people or woman, making them seem weak and helpless. When in reality all their strength is packed tightly inside their body.

101 percent (Breaker): If someone accomplishes the painful task of purging all other bloodlines from their body. They at this point, become fully the creature or noble their bloodline is derived from. Without any hope of reverting back however.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Firstly, good work on coming up with a strength (auxiliary or not) system. However, as nice as it sounds, you probably would need to juice out the concept of what your bloodlines entail. Something more non-linear perhaps. Like mixed bloodlines, which is more dominant, or does both progress and is the addition of power summative or multiplicative. Corrupted bloodlines, bloodline degradation, what defines an ancient/mythical/legendary bloodline to what isn't. Merging of bloodlines, and also other factors. I get that this is the bare skeleton of it, but there is not much to comment.

Then we move on to the power scaling. All I can say from reading this is that it is pretty tame to get like only 2 skills or traits just to reach the upper advanced levels. Maybe perhaps offer a larger array but in weaker forms? Or else low bloodline fights are likely going to be unsuspenseful in my opinion. It is nice you aren't directly blowing things out of proportion, but if your idea is going to be restrictive the reading experience is likely to be compromised as well.

I won't comment on other things too much since this is your own concept for your novel, so I will just write this much.