Looking for Artist Calling AI!

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
Author Name: John Owl
Profession: Author
Preferred Art Style: Whatever
Story: New work, titled Lay the Dragon - Rewrite
Request: So, as stated I'm looking for cover art for a rewrite of my (now deleted) story Lay the Dragon, for the rewrite. The general idea I have is a side view of a man hugging the head of a dragon. I"m specifically looking for AI as it's free, but if any artists here do free work, I won't say no to that. But it is an unpaid request (we're all broke artists, aren't we?). As it will be a book cover, commercial licensing (unless AI, which holds no copyright) must be included.

I'm working on my own, and will quote/post when I find one I'll use. much appreciated!

mrmeanwhile

I can try to make something with AI, but I need details. What does the man look like? What does the dragon look like? Any specific background?

John_Owl

I can try to make something with AI, but I need details. What does the man look like? What does the dragon look like? Any specific background?
fairly basic. He has brown hair, brown eyes, and a short beard, dressed in leather armor. the dragon is a euro-style red. I've been working with my various models, and can't quite seem to get the dragon right. I've gotten everything from him in steel armor literally holding just the severed head to him in leather rags holding one of 7 different heads and no body in sight.

Eventually I gave up and decided to just go with him, arms crossed staring at the viewer. Gotten some decent pics, but none that are overly amazing.

I'm mostly hoping someone else might be able to better work the keywords than I can.

mrmeanwhile

Dragon(1).png

Here's a try. Let me know which parts you like and which are wrong.

John_Owl

Here's a try. Let me know which parts you like and which are wrong.
looks good, but I usually go for more of a pseudorealism. This is a character piece I managed to get after like 100 attempts. this is the main guy, Arland. and shows off the style i usually try to shoot for.

pixai-1698255265969755186 -50%.jpg

That said, I do love that you were able to get the dragon head and Arland together. I've never managed that. the second pictue here is the closest I've managed to get after probably 200+ tries with various related keywords, models, and LoRA.
pixai-1697885634863996652 -50%.jpg

mrmeanwhile

very much appreciated. I might actually be able to use that first as a reference, if that's alright.

Also, I made a couple mock up covers. could I get your input on how they look? For now, I'm primarily looking for a placeholder until I can get that "perfect" book cover, y'know?
View attachment 24205View attachment 24206View attachment 24207
Feel free to use the images however you want. The first cover image is the most eye-drawing. The second one looks like a light novel cover which I kinda like. The last feels like it's missing something, I think it's the font doesn't go with the realistic image.

John_Owl

Feel free to use the images however you want. The first cover image is the most eye-drawing. The second one looks like a light novel cover which I kinda like. The last feels like it's missing something, I think it's the font doesn't go with the realistic image.
well, I could go with cover two, until I'm able to get my final one. I'm not fully locked on the semi-realism style, it's just what looks best to me, but I do agree that the third looks... off. I usually use the glow font because it stands out regardless of the photo it's on, but it doesn't always look good. But I appreciate your efforts for the art and your input on the covers.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Here some if you want, if there one you like but want to change some details in it, it's possible (like bad hand):

John_Owl

Here some if you want, if there one you like but want to change some details in it, it's possible (like bad hand):

much appreciated. I'll see if I can work some of those closer to what I'm aiming for.