Can someone critique my synopsis

SeeCee

Title: The Idiot Centurion And His Idiot Men

During the reign of the Mighty Roman Empire, A Centurion along his entire Century of 100 men is tasked to collect wood to build the fort as their Legion is invading the land of ancient Britannia.

Except, they get lost. They. get. lost. The Centurion is a great leader but is kinda stupid. No, he's insanely stupid. Watch how these Roman idiots survive somehow in the hostile lands of Britannia, and check out their daily lives as Roman soldiers trying to find their way back to the main legion base and how the dynamics between characters form into a comedic stand, failing to make anyone watching laugh.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Are you going for informal or formal?

If you're trying to write an epic to be taken seriously, a formal styled synopsis would probably be better in my opinion. That means fully structured sentences and proper word-flow.

If it's comedic as you mentioned in the last half the informal tone is fine because it lets readers know not to take it seriously. Depends on the audience and who you are trying to get to read the novel.

SeeCee

It's a satirical comedy story, going for informal. Thanks for the feedback bro

Amok

grblbrbl
@SeeCee

My edit, do with as u wish:

In the Exalted Age of the Mighty Roman Empire, in the verdant realm of ancient Brittannia, a Centurion and his hundred men are tasked, as part of an invading legion, to gather wood so that a fort could be put up.

All's going dandy, until they get lost. They. Get. Lost. The Centurion is a great leader but is, well, kinda stupid. No, no.... Thing is, he's insanely stupid. Watch how these Roman idiots survive, somehow, in the hostile lands of Britannia. Share in their daily lives as soldiers trying to find their way back to their legion and enjoy how the dynamic between them forms into a comedic play, an ancient epic comedy that can only make one laugh.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034389/?ref_=vp_vi_tt

also Asterix and Obelix if uon't already know about it.

Last edited:

SeeCee

Your edit is nice, I'll certainly take some aspects. Thanks mate <33

I haven't seen the Eagle yet, but I'm definitely gonna watch it as soon as I can.

Ceasar looks funny in Asterix and Obelix 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀