Can't access site with e reader

SyncSteam

Something changed recently in the way the site is accessed that prevents my e reader from working. Before I could share the page to my e reader, and it would pull the chapter text so I could listen to it, but now all it receives is "just a moment... Enable JavaScript and cookies to continue"

This issue also seems to have broken rss feeds, as I can no longer see any chapter text as part of the feed preview.

Is there anyway to fix this? I really want to be able to read stories on this site, but I can't if I don't have a way to access them in a format that works for me.

If this specific issue can't be fixed due to website security/bot traffic concerns or something, would it be possible to add a download button to works the same way ao3 does?

Something changed recently in the way the site is accessed that prevents my e reader from working. Before I could share the page to my e reader, and it would pull the chapter text so I could listen to it, but now all it receives is "just a moment... Enable JavaScript and cookies to continue"

This issue also seems to have broken rss feeds, as I can no longer see any chapter text as part of the feed preview.

Is there anyway to fix this? I really want to be able to read stories on this site, but I can't if I don't have a way to access them in a format that works for me.

If this specific issue can't be fixed due to website security/bot traffic concerns or something, would it be possible to add a download button to works the same way ao3 does?
What is the make and model of the e-reader?

SyncSteam

There was an update 2 days ago (29th) is yours updated?
Yes, it's fully updated. I just tried loading it into my eReader again and it still gives the same message.
But I think you are kind of right with the issue being with the eReader. I pulled the raw file data and it does get the chapter info, but it doesn't display it unless I edit it. I think what's happening is it doesn't recognize the chapter title and body because it's being interrupted by something, probably the enable cookies pop up or possibly cloudflare. I doubt it's cloudflare though, I haven't had any issues with it before.

melchi

What is a custom title?
I use Google assistant and it works last time I tried. Have you tried that? Just press the button and say or select "read it"

Yes, it's fully updated. I just tried loading it into my eReader again and it still gives the same message.
But I think you are kind of right with the issue being with the eReader. I pulled the raw file data and it does get the chapter info, but it doesn't display it unless I edit it. I think what's happening is it doesn't recognize the chapter title and body because it's being interrupted by something, probably the enable cookies pop up or possibly cloudflare. I doubt it's cloudflare though, I haven't had any issues with it before.
Whelp if you havent already, try Uninstalling clear the cache and reinstall.

That's extent of my troubleshooting powers

Good luck.

SyncSteam

Whelp if you havent already, try Uninstalling clear the cache and reinstall.

That's extent of my troubleshooting powers

Good luck.
Thank you anyway, I'll try and get something to work. Might have to look into the specifics of how my eReader identifies text or something. Maybe go crazy and make an app to automatically fix the files, it would be good practice for school
I use Google assistant and it works last time I tried. Have you tried that? Just press the button and say or select "read it"
No, but I don't intend too. My eReader has a bunch of custom voice and regex stuff that makes the TTS voice not headache inducing. Plus regex always nice to fix stuff like "mana 73/73" being read like "mana seventy three out of seventy three" instead of "mana seventy three seventy thirds"

Last edited:

Lysander_Works

I don't know what kind of web browser the e-reader is using, but on mobile devices, there is often a switch in the browser after attempting to load a website, a check box labeled "load desktop site" which is empty by default. Switch it on and see if that changes anything for you.