Resolved Can't use Link

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
I tried adding links on an existing text but it wouldn't work. As soon as I type anything into the URL bar the box disappears.

Miserys_End

[Lv1 Pretend Person] Im the person I pretend to be
Hmmm, I just noticed this myself, but that the link text is the same as the rest on the page. It may be related to what style configuration i'm using as when I switched styles the link appears as a slightly lighter gray text.

Using default dark mode if it matters.

Tony

Staff member
I tried adding links on an existing text but it wouldn't work. As soon as I type anything into the URL bar the box disappears.

The forums or the main site? Both seem to be working for me. Which theme are you using if this bug is related to the forums?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
The forums or the main site? Both seem to be working for me. Which theme are you using if this bug is related to the forums?
Forum and default dark on desktop. My phone is working fine though.

Tony

Staff member
Forum and default dark on desktop. My phone is working fine though.

I think it's the problem @Miserys_End was describing. It's actually linked but you just can't see it until you press enter. I've tried linking in default dark mode and it links but you can't see it. I'll change the colors so it's more visible.

test

@Alverost I changed the link colors to make it more noticeable in default dark. Let me know if that's what your problem was and if it's fixed.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
@Alverost I changed the link colors to make it more noticeable in default dark. Let me know if that's what your problem was and if it's fixed.
That wasn't the problem but I can't seem to replicate it anymore since it's working fine now on laptop and fine. Before when I tried to add link to a text the box would just disappear as soon as I type a letter. Now however everything is working fine.

Tony

Staff member
That wasn't the problem but I can't seem to replicate it anymore since it's working fine now on laptop and fine. Before when I tried to add link to a text the box would just disappear as soon as I type a letter. Now however everything is working fine.

Oh okay but at least the links are more noticeable on default dark