Comment swap

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I know that most people don’t like to review, so how about a comment swap instead? I’ll read your story and comment if you read mine and comment. No one liners, please. You can find my story here:

Summoned Zero: Isekai of Dungeons and Kingdoms (done)

Last edited:

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Well, I just did a quick glance. on your first chapter and if you dont mind my forum review then here it is.

Your picture/title/synopsis are nice really nice, but ambiguous. Very ambiguous. I had no idea what the story will be about and whatever synopsis had promised me was out of the equation about a third into the first chapter. I encourage you to add a bit of meat on the synopsis at least to relay what genre/direction/style the story will be.

Will Nicola just chill in one place and have eclectic visitors? will he roam the lands? or regain his former glory? How will he do any of these? etc.

Your first chapter is decently written but it has a very major flaw in my eyes. Names. More names and then some extra just in case. By the end of the third paragraph, I was thoroughly confused and unable to differentiate who is who and how they are important. And that isn't good. It looks like you have a decent story underneath there is imagery and detail but many would struggle to see it past the onslaught of names to remember, especially that look like they are one use only (at least in terms of the first chapter)

Edit: small suggestion - number the chapters so it is easier to see the order/1st

doravg

Well, I just did a quick glance. on your first chapter and if you dont mind my forum review then here it is.

Your picture/title/synopsis are nice really nice, but ambiguous. Very ambiguous. I had no idea what the story will be about and whatever synopsis had promised me was out of the equation about a third into the first chapter. I encourage you to add a bit of meat on the synopsis at least to relay what genre/direction/style the story will be.

Will Nicola just chill in one place and have eclectic visitors? will he roam the lands? or regain his former glory? How will he do any of these? etc.

Your first chapter is decently written but it has a very major flaw in my eyes. Names. More names and then some extra just in case. By the end of the third paragraph, I was thoroughly confused and unable to differentiate who is who and how they are important. And that isn't good. It looks like you have a decent story underneath there is imagery and detail but many would struggle to see it past the onslaught of names to remember, especially that look like they are one use only (at least in terms of the first chapter)

Edit: small suggestion - number the chapters so it is easier to see the order/1st
Thanks for reading. All the names of the first chapter are repeated afterwards, I don't create characters for one use only. You are right about the first chapter not telling much about Nikola's goal, although I think I made his wish to bring back Penemue clear. I'll add the order of the chapters and will be checking out your story too. I read it's summery and it sounds interesting. Like industrial revolution waiting to happen.

doravg

You said in the description that your story is isekai, but your MC ate a fruit and suddenly become a musician. And he is such an angry little thing, which is explainable since he is a slave. So, you kept that in character. But you use a bit too much profanity for my taste.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Thanks for reading. All the names of the first chapter are repeated afterwards, I don't create characters for one use only. You are right about the first chapter not telling much about Nikola's goal, although I think I made his wish to bring back Penemue clear. I'll add the order of the chapters and will be checking out your story too. I read it's summery and it sounds interesting. Like industrial revolution waiting to happen.
I just wrote a review without the intention of doing the swaps, So you dont have to read too much. Especially since I do get plenty already.

The issue with names, even if they will be used in the future is that there are too many of them so early in the story. No matter whether they will be used or not. You want to ease the reader into your story, establish a primary goal to get them in and only then start slowly supplying them with worldbuilding. With so much information being presented from the start (information that new readers don't care about, yet) it makes it harder for readers to enjoy the story since they are occupied with comprehension.

This is the reason I always try to concentrate on the 1st chapters in my reviews. They are the most crucial and usually sell the rest of the story. Especially since the aforementioned ambiguity of the title\synopsis. Imo you should treat all three of these as advertisements for the rest of your story.
You said in the description that your story is isekai, but your MC ate a fruit and suddenly become a musician. And he is such an angry little thing, which is explainable since he is a slave. So, you kept that in character. But you use a bit too much profanity for my taste.
Tags are for a reason and this one had been discussed in the 1st chapter comments too (with these that had read further confirming the validity of the tag). I just use them in a less obvious manner.

doravg

Nah not that one lol left one is the real series.
I'm done. You have a really good story and I am waiting for the boss fight. Poor Xavier. I left you a review on the story's page.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Thanks i will do yours soon
Might be a little bit before i finish reading it all.

Last edited:

doravg

Thanks i will do yours soon
Might be a little bit before i finish reading it all.
Read as much as you feel comfortable. Its 100k+ words, after all.