Writing Prompt Complete the story: Missing...

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
The armoured woman climbed down from her horse.
"Welcome back, Mistress!" Bowed, the elderly butler.

"Afternoon, Jared. How is everything?" Asked, the female lord whose strides passed through her welcoming entourage without stopping.

The butler and the other workers quickly followed... as usual.

"Nothing worthy of notice, Mistress."

On the way to the mansion, the lady took off her gloves and armours, handing them piece by piece to the accompanying servants.

"Mistress. Would you like to have a change of clothes first or-"

"I will be doing that later. You are dismissed."

"Yes, Mistress."

The old butler stopped his feet. His eyes carried the same tiredness of yesterday and the many days before.

He tried today. He failed... like usual. He didn't have any expectation anyway. Maybe one day...

Her hurried footsteps carried her back to the familiar place where she always visited day after day.

The high baroness soon found her destination, a baby room quite close to her chamber.

She opened the doorknob.

The interior was the same as she remembered, decorated for a coming child. The servants kept it spotless per her order.

The same as what she saw everyday, it was empty of life. No one was here.

She walked over to the beautiful wooden cradle. Her hand wandered its quiet sheet. Nothing was here unlike her memory... or perhaps, dream... or hallucination...

She remembered the vivid scene of her kneeling down on this spot. Her hands brought a small child to her bosom.

The tingling feeling of the small mouth sucking her milk was not fake. She could swear with all her being, that was not fake.

Where was her child?

This link will lead you to the prequel of this prompt. I suggest to not click on it before you completed the prompt. It spoils a lot of things.
Prequel

The spoiler was the prompt I wrote. Feel free to read if you want to know how I attempt this prompt myself

The humiliation of carrying a child without a husband, the uncomfortable of the pregnancy, the pain of giving birth, the joy of finding settlement in accepting the child. THOSE WERE NOT FAKE!

Then WHERE WAS HER CHILD? Why no one remembered anything except her?

She had solidified her power in this place of border unlike in her dream. She had silenced her opposition unlike her dream. She had grown in power to the point even the dukedom couldn't afford to displease her... unlike her dream. Were these the benefits of losing her child?

She didn't remember in that dream she had ever complained about having to take care of this child; Maybe at the beginning. However, she remembered how happy she had been seeing her boy growing up. She was less a baroness at that time, more like an abandoned noble girl turned prostitute. She was less a sword bearer at that time, more like a thin-arm beggar. She was less a healthy young lady at that time, more like a sick middle-age woman nearing death door.

Life was harsh but she was content with her little sunshine. He was a fine man. His mind was clever. His dream was ambitious. He wished to be an adventurer, traveling the world. He said he would find the greatest treasure in the world to gift it to the greatest woman of his life.

Life was harsh... and painful. She coughed up blood everyday, waiting the day he promised to return. Her faith unwavered for her sunshine never lied. No matter how painful those days were, she did not give in to Death's embrace. She promised her little sunshine. She promised.

Where was her little sunshine?
It was not a dream like her servants had said. She knew her mind. She was not crazy. Maybe she went back to the time when she was young but she was sure she was pregnant.

Where was her little sunshine? Why was there only a hole in her heart?

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
"She's there again..." I muttered as I watched mistress enter the room.

"Poor milady... She deserved better than this..." A fellow maid commented as we were preparing milady's bath.

"Do you think she'll get a husband again?" I asked.

"I don't know... Losing both husband and her baby on the war really took a toll on her... It would be nice if she moved on, but... It seems hard." She sighed.

"Yeah... I can't imagine how I'd feel if I lost my daughter... Maybe I'd try clinging desperately to those memories too..." I muttered, "I just hope milady gets better... She deserves better than this."

"I hope so too..." My friend nodded.

And I hope... We can eventually stop having this conversation every single day...