Writing Prompt Cook me food

Aez_Nairo

Demi-Human Of The Gray World
So you decided to come to this Grey Land, with the purpose of me tasting your food.
All equipment, tools and recipes are prepared in the shack of infinite library so just ask and it will come.
@Voidiris and @Dr.Quack can also talk with the participent, accept or reject the food, that is before I give my thought.
You will be transported back once you hear my thought.

Criteria;
- Only 1 food
- Name & origin of food.
- Process of cooking.
- Words range above 100.

Additional info to add if you want guidance:
- 1 drink is allowed
- Appearence
- Smell
- Time
- Recipe list
- Measurement
- Temperature
- Etcetera

I can wait for a thousand year, just wake me up inside my den once your done. :blob_evil_two:
Don't worry you won't age nor be able to feel hungry except me.
Goodluck :blob_okay:

Last edited:

Detective_Quack

QUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACKQUACK
please don't do what i think you degenerates are going to do.

Cortavar

Criteria;
- Only 1 food
Hi!

Could you explain this restriction?

Is it only 1 ingredient allowed (quite hard to pull), 1 plate of food with however many ingredients, 1 meal with possibly several courses? Are we allowed sides (sauces, separately cooked (or raw) veggies, legumes or carb base (rice, pasta, potatoes, etc...), salt and spices to taste, pickles, etc...) or are we limited to a single cooking pot? Can the 1 food be a variation on a single theme (ex: spring rolls with different fillings) or should it be all the same?

Aez_Nairo

Could you explain this restriction?
1 plate of food with however many ingredients.
Example, pasta with tomato sauce and some sprinkle of poisonous mushroom above it.
I do not allow another food, example like above but you decided to cook garlic soup. Only 1 food is enough same with drinks.
Another example using campfire to cook dragon's thigh *Cough* Azmiran's *Coughs blood*, the ingrediants are salt, herbs, something.
Any equipment and tools are allowed, you are not limited to 1 pot, just imagine you have a room full of what you need to make the food.
Your choice, can be any theme.

Like curry you need rice and the soup. I'm fine with that.
Tea(1 drink) with cheesecake(1 food) is a yummy combination.

Last edited:

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
I have brought you the food of greatness. The cuisine of the universe! This wonder of tastebuds is the main course of millions of people all over the world, yet it is not something that the rich can enjoy. Ever. Why? Because they simply can't comprehend the existence of this type of food. This is a marvelous achievement of the human mind, something that many are unable to even think about!

Many times, when children get broccoli on their plates, they wish they could eat this instead. But they can't. They are not allowed. Their parents can't think of the consequences if they permit the consumption of such an exquisite item.

Let me present to you the course that many countries and people deem as theirs, yet it is something that is found all over the world:

FUCKING NOTHING.

Bonapetite.

DannyTheDaikon

| Azure tamer | Harbinger of chaos and soup
Guys if you are trying to cook me please don't do it with @DannyTheDaikon , she will ruin my delicious flavour
The fact that one of the most basic duck soups is commonly cooked with a daikon is greatly offensive to me every time I remember about it. :blob_unamused: :blob_hmph:

Cortavar

So you decided to come to this Grey Land, with the purpose of me tasting your food.
All equipment, tools and recipes are prepared in the shack of infinite library so just ask and it will come.
@Voidiris and @Dr.Quack can also talk with the participent, accept or reject the food, that is before I give my thought.
You will be transported back once you hear my thought.

Criteria;
- Only 1 food
- Name & origin of food.
- Process of cooking.
- Words range above 100.

Additional info to add if you want guidance:
- 1 drink is allowed
- Appearence
- Smell
- Time
- Recipe list
- Measurement
- Temperature
- Etcetera

I can wait for a thousand year, just wake me up inside my den once your done. :blob_evil_two:
Don't worry you won't age nor be able to feel hungry except me.
Goodluck :blob_okay:
Ok, let's do this!

I'll offer a dish that I can actually cook myself IRL and plan to invite friends to share this week.

Raclette is a dish from the Alps, some will home it to the Savoie region of France, others to Switzerland. It's quite simple to make and delicious. It's a winter dish relying on cheese, potatoes and charcuterie. I prefer the version in which everyone has a small pan (ideally , 2 per person so you don't wait) to melt the cheese, as it allows more variety than the traditional "half a wheel of cheese in front of the heater" raclette. Fair warning, you will need to close the doors to your dining room or your whole house will smell like cheese.

To cook raclette, you'll need:
- a raclette dish with small pans around a heater
- cheese slices: raclette is the obvious choice, but you should have a variety of cheese to enjoy it. Morbier is great, and for those less tolerant to lactose, there are goat cheese specifically made for raclette. You should also have a pepper variant of raclette, or one with savoury berries to mix things up. A lot of soft-ish paste cheese can also do the trick, including Saint Nectaire, just make sure to remove the crust of the latter as it's rather unappealing.
- charcuterie: you can go ham (pun intended) on the variety there as well. Cured ham, cured beef, all variants of saucisson, bacon, pancetta, the possibilities are endless should you be in a country with the right food available (so, someplace in continental Europe, like France, Italy, Spain, Germany or Switzerland)!
- potatoes: you want a variety that holds shape after boiling, as you're going to cut chunks and eat those, not mash them. Check the uses of the variety of potatoes you'll be cooking, it's important, a soggy potato will be disappointing to pour upon.

The process is then simple:
- peel (optional), clean and boil your potatoes,
- array cheese slices and charcuterie on dishes,
- turn on the raclette device with the small pans,
- sit your friends around the table.

Then everyone grabs a small pan, puts a slice of cheese inside, eventually adds some charcuterie that's good cooked, like bacon, and sets it into the raclette device. Once the cheese is molten, you pour it down on the potatoes, and eat it with charcuterie.

To accompany the dish, I recommend Alsatian white wine. My favorite is Riesling, as it adds a verticality to the taste that helps refreshing your palate between two different combinations of cheese and charcuterie. My sister prefers Gewurztraminer, as it's more flavorful and complements the taste.

For proportions, you'll want to have leftovers, because otherwise your table doesn't feel abundant. Go for a bit more than a pound of cheese per person, same with potatoes, and three pounds of charcuterie for four people. A bottle of wine per two people is a good ratio, though you may increase or decrease that factoring children and designated drivers on one hand and wine enthusiasts on the other.

Enjoy!

Aez_Nairo

Year 19
Hmm, the plate is empty.
Did both, left me nothing?
Let me... [Restore] and yet no change.
I see, maybe if I [Vision], and... its just full of air, no hidden nor ghost exist in it.
Great, *Uses the knife* cuts half the air leaving static vacuum.
*Swoop* it into my mouth.
*Sigh...* "Heterochromia, its one of the most delicious air I've eaten.." *Empty stare*
"..but the thing, the other half is missing something."
*Pull out hand cracking my fingers*
*Smile widely with closed eyes*
"... Half your soul"
[SAPARATE!]
*Crunch, munch, crack*
"Oishi de gojyaru~" :blob_uwu:

Aez_Nairo

Year 65,
"Sniff, sniff, oh~?" Had woke up from the burning cheesy aroma, beef and boiled vegetable.

*Nyomnyom* "Soul fresh to this day, time to put it in the soul refining storage."

In the dining room, is a large sized round table with 3 chair and a stair for the duck.

Cheese is being heated by this unknown machine and some naked potatoes and sliced beef meat are placed neatly on the plate.

Also is the red wine, did Duck-dono drank it since its half empty? Void or the sudden arrival of Fang(Envy). Ah... puts it away, will give it to someone if needed.

So the cooker said this(instruction)...
*Cuts the cheese and put onto the plate*
Wait, I forgot shoulda straight away on the potato.
*Uses the spoon and scoop the melted cheese spreading to one beef & big potato*
*Smashes potato with hand, combines it with beef, eating it*
*Eyes wide, mouth open*

Hot, HOt, HOT!!!
[Fire breathing] like a dragon for 5 second to the sky.
*Throws out food back to the plate*
*Took a glance towards cooker*
*Comes back for the food this time, cooling it down with an ample of cheese stinking breath.*

*Its inside and... clickety*
The first bite pierces the melting cheese, it taste different.
*swhooshy*
Continuing onto the earthy potato as it spread mushy, nice.
*Bite, tear, chew*
Then the meat itself, saparating and mixed together three.

*nom nom nom*
The next few minutes is just me grabbing more and more until the food is done except cheese. Can't eat that much, will put it in the cooling room.

"First of all, thank you for teaching me how to use this machinery(cheese melter)." *Smile*
"...Potato and beef, am already used to it but because of that new cheese it just up by 1+"
"...Simple meal, maybe indeed missing that red liquid however I'm not into pointy eared culture but more of a short muscled bearded bastard."
"...Local specialty is a delightful experience, basic skills can be hone further the more you observe the world."
"Congratulation apprenticer, you can now go."