couple more quick questions need help with

YusakuRay

Hi again, third post on forum wooo. I just need help figuring out the UI and some stuff before I finish the introductory chapters of my story
If you can't answer all any amount would be helpful.

1. Is there a way if I have my character listen to a specific song to link it in my story? does inserting it in there make it tacky to look at? or is it fine also how to do it?
2. Is it normal to change covers if im doing separate volumes like every 8 or 10 chapters i would want to update the cover would there be any problems with that?
3. I've been losing sleep creating illustrations for my chapters lol, but say if i already have the chapter done but illustrations not done should i just post the chapter then update the chapter later or post it on like an extras chapter?
4. Also im not sure how to update the amount of chapters a week option it automatically went from 1 to 2 somehow what caused that and can I change it?

thank you for taking the time to read this.

Bobple

Before someone with more much knowledge of the ecosystem and system comes in.
1. I think that is just up to your personal preference. You could have the link in the chapter. Or it an author comment at the top or below. There is just an insert link in the chapter draft screen.
2. Shrug. Just do what you want, I've seen people update their cover, while others just leave it as is. The majority just leave it as is, maybe update once or twice. But overall, it doesn't matter.
3. That is completely on you. My best answer is 'if you want'. That is something you need to decided and just stick with.
4. Yep that is completely automatic. Not sure what the formula is. You can always have a part in your description which says how many chapters a week you plan to upload.

YusakuRay

Before someone with more much knowledge of the ecosystem and system comes in.
1. I think that is just up to your personal preference. You could have the link in the chapter. Or it an author comment at the top or below. There is just an insert link in the chapter draft screen.
2. Shrug. Just do what you want, I've seen people update their cover, while others just leave it as is. The majority just leave it as is, maybe update once or twice. But overall, it doesn't matter.
3. That is completely on you. My best answer is 'if you want'. That is something you need to decided and just stick with.
4. Yep that is completely automatic. Not sure what the formula is. You can always have a part in your description which says how many chapters a week you plan to upload.
thanks for the response i'll try and use those tools to make it not look out of place i'll also add in the description when i'll post. Also will think about updating title covers.

prognastat

1. You could simply insert a link to youtube or spotify with the song. As for whether it's good to do *shrugs* guess it would depend on your audience.
2. You can. It would depend on the length of your chapters and posting frequency. You probably do want to build some sort of cover recognition. If I were to switch covers I would probably only do so every 40-60k words worth of content and probably at least a month or two of time with a set cover. Like imagine it like an actual book series where you have one entire book with a specific cover and then for the next book you have a new cover.
3. You can always update your chapters with the images later. It's better if they are done with the chapter initially, but readers probably care about you maintaining your update schedule more than waiting for you to finish a piece of accompanying artwork.
4. I'm not sure what the exact logic used by the site to determine this is.